News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from Belgium.

Started by Uroplatus, February 08, 2015, 08:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uroplatus

Hi everybody, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Kevin and i'm living in Belgium.
I'm 35 years old and from the moment i opened my eyes for the first time have always been fascinated with dinosaurs, reptiles and all other wildlife.
I used to own a modest collection of various dinosaur toys when i was young but most of them got lost or broke somewhere over time.
Turning into a teenager i bought my first modern day reptiles wich turned into a very dedicated passion for herpetology and biology in general and my main focus for the last years have been at keeping and breeding rare and obscure lizards, mostly gecko's, chameleon's and Abronia for those of you that might be interested.

Now, last christmas my parents and my girlfriend bought me a Papo Allosaurus and a CollectA Carcharodontosaurus, they where kinda intended to be a prank gift before i got my other presents but i was very impressed with the detail on these figures and ended up liking them so much that i decided i wanted to start collecting a few of these models, and put up a few shelves in our reptile room to display them, together with some fossils and fossil replica's.

So that's what has brought me here... :)

Now i am somebody who always likes to pick out everything i buy with my own eyes instead of placing an order on the internet, i have done it because sometimes there is no other way of getting something but if it's possible i prefer to buy my models at the store.
I am lucky to have good access to Papo, CollectA and Schleich models but i do have a problem with finding a descent store here in Belgium where i can buy the Safari Ltd models.
I have searched high and low but without any luck, the Brussels Museum of Natural History has a few in stock but not neir as many as i would like to buy.
So my question to anyone who knows is, if there are any stores out there in Holland or in Germany close to the Dutch/Belgium border that carry these models and where i could go to buy some?
I have seen there are some Dutch and German collectors on these forums so maybe someone knows of any and would like to share their knowledge, it would be a great help.

I will also make photo's and start a thread of my current collection and update it as it grows.
Looking forward to meet some of you. :)

Kind regards, Kevin.

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully some of our many European members will be able to answer your questions as to shops and such. However one of the great things about DTF is seeing other people's collections and getting exposed to figures you wouldn't otherwise find locally - I've never been to Japan yet the bulk of my collection is Japanese figures!

Uroplatus

Quote from: DinoLord on February 08, 2015, 08:56:10 PM
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully some of our many European members will be able to answer your questions as to shops and such. However one of the great things about DTF is seeing other people's collections and getting exposed to figures you wouldn't otherwise find locally - I've never been to Japan yet the bulk of my collection is Japanese figures!

Thank you. :)
Yes i know, i have been drooling over some of the members collections here and i will not hesitate to buy online if necessary, but i think with a large brand as Safari that is readily available worldwide i should be able to find a store that carry's them.
I also hope to bring some back with me from the US as i am going on a field trip to Nevada at the end of april, but i will not be able to go toyhunting very much during my stay there.

DinoToyForum

Welcome! Good luck in your search for brick and mortar store stocking dinosaurs. I was thinking something similar the other day, that it is nice to be able to pick out the best of the lot in person, and have some sort of deeper connection to a figure by remembering where and when you got it. Maybe recall who you were with at the time. I have a lot of figures in my collection that that arrived at my house in a box and although they are great figures, they lack that extra meaning.

Arul

Welcom welcome  :D i love dimitri vegas and like mike  :))

Uroplatus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 08, 2015, 11:23:06 PM
Welcome! Good luck in your search for brick and mortar store stocking dinosaurs. I was thinking something similar the other day, that it is nice to be able to pick out the best of the lot in person, and have some sort of deeper connection to a figure by remembering where and when you got it. Maybe recall who you were with at the time. I have a lot of figures in my collection that that arrived at my house in a box and although they are great figures, they lack that extra meaning.

Thanks, that's exactly what i mean. The other day i bought the Papo running T-rex at a local store, they had 4 of them so i picked the one with the paintjob i liked the most but after a quick test it was obvious the figure had problems with standing, so i picked another one. If it arives in a box at your doorstep there is no other option to pick besides sending it back and asking for a replacement.
Or last month i bought the green Papo v1 standing T-rex second hand from this local guy that placed an add on a classifieds site. He offered to send it to me for free but since he wasn't living that far i decided to pick it up at his house, turned out he had some others he was selling but didn't have the time to put them online yet, so i got home with 2 additional figures, wich i would have missed if he had send me the T-rex. :)

Quote from: ARUL on February 08, 2015, 11:33:23 PM
Welcom welcome  :D i love dimitri vegas and like mike  :))

Thank you  :)
I'm more a rock minded person myself, but i think they are one off our most popular artists these days and also on of our most succesfull export products. :D

Arul

Me too i love metal most especially lamb of god. Sure hahaha the 2nd top 100 world DJ, their tomorrowland 2014 set is the best of all dj set...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uroplatus on February 08, 2015, 08:25:03 PM
Hi everybody, first of all let me introduce myself, my name is Kevin and i'm living in Belgium.
I'm 35 years old and from the moment i opened my eyes for the first time have always been fascinated with dinosaurs, reptiles and all other wildlife.
I used to own a modest collection of various dinosaur toys when i was young but most of them got lost or broke somewhere over time.
Turning into a teenager i bought my first modern day reptiles wich turned into a very dedicated passion for herpetology and biology in general and my main focus for the last years have been at keeping and breeding rare and obscure lizards, mostly gecko's, chameleon's and Abronia for those of you that might be interested.

Now, last christmas my parents and my girlfriend bought me a Papo Allosaurus and a CollectA Carcharodontosaurus, they where kinda intended to be a prank gift before i got my other presents but i was very impressed with the detail on these figures and ended up liking them so much that i decided i wanted to start collecting a few of these models, and put up a few shelves in our reptile room to display them, together with some fossils and fossil replica's.

So that's what has brought me here... :)

Now i am somebody who always likes to pick out everything i buy with my own eyes instead of placing an order on the internet, i have done it because sometimes there is no other way of getting something but if it's possible i prefer to buy my models at the store.
I am lucky to have good access to Papo, CollectA and Schleich models but i do have a problem with finding a descent store here in Belgium where i can buy the Safari Ltd models.
I have searched high and low but without any luck, the Brussels Museum of Natural History has a few in stock but not neir as many as i would like to buy.
So my question to anyone who knows is, if there are any stores out there in Holland or in Germany close to the Dutch/Belgium border that carry these models and where i could go to buy some?
I have seen there are some Dutch and German collectors on these forums so maybe someone knows of any and would like to share their knowledge, it would be a great help.

I will also make photo's and start a thread of my current collection and update it as it grows.
Looking forward to meet some of you. :)

Kind regards, Kevin.

Hello, I am a collector from Europa too.
My favorite shop is in Germany ( http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de ).
You can find here everything you need.
It is a web store but maybe you can contact the owner to see the models you are interested in.
I ordered all my models online without a problem.   :)
In my country some comic shops have dino-figurines.
I am a professional photographer too.  If you need some technical tips, please let me know.
Bye   :D

Nebuloid

Welcome ! I live in the Netherlands myself, and sadly also dont know of any shops that sell Safari...
I believe there is only 1 shop that has Collecta but it's in Amsterdam, a bit too far for me.
You can buy everything online, it's easy and (mostly) painless... ;)

Uroplatus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 09, 2015, 08:09:01 AM

Hello, I am a collector from Europa too.
My favorite shop is in Germany ( http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de ).
You can find here everything you need.
It is a web store but maybe you can contact the owner to see the models you are interested in.
I ordered all my models online without a problem.   :)
In my country some comic shops have dino-figurines.
I am a professional photographer too.  If you need some technical tips, please let me know.
Bye   :D

Hi, i recently picked up photography so if i need any pointers i'll make sure to get in touch with you. Thanks. :)
I actually do know that webshop, i order my Rebor models there and am very pleased with them, if i can't find a descent store i'm gonna have to go with them for ordering the safari models as well.
Greetings.

Quote from: Nebuloid on February 09, 2015, 08:59:59 AM

Welcome ! I live in the Netherlands myself, and sadly also dont know of any shops that sell Safari...
I believe there is only 1 shop that has Collecta but it's in Amsterdam, a bit too far for me.
You can buy everything online, it's easy and (mostly) painless... ;)

Hi, and thank you for the welcome.
Where in The Netherlands do you live if i may ask? I live close to the border, abouth 20 minutes driving from Valkenswaard. :)
I guess the store you mean is dinoworld? I have actually been there once, sadly enough before i was collecting, and though i realy like it in Amsterdam it's also for me to far to drive there everytime i want to pick up something. :)

Nebuloid

Quote from: Uroplatus on February 09, 2015, 10:30:09 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 09, 2015, 08:09:01 AM

Hi, and thank you for the welcome.
Where in The Netherlands do you live if i may ask? I live close to the border, abouth 20 minutes driving from Valkenswaard. :)
I guess the store you mean is dinoworld? I have actually been there once, sadly enough before i was collecting, and though i realy like it in Amsterdam it's also for me to far to drive there everytime i want to pick up something. :)

I live near Enschede, so also on the border !
Don't know the name of the shop in Amsterdam I'm afraid... I always order online, from speelboer/urzeitshop/dinosaurtime, etc.

triceratops83

Hi, don't forget UK based Everythingdinosaur. I can't imagine the postage would cost too much as it is a short distance between countries.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Nebuloid

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 09, 2015, 04:39:21 PM
Hi, don't forget UK based Everythingdinosaur. I can't imagine the postage would cost too much as it is a short distance between countries.

Dinosaurtime is also UK based. ;)  And I experienced import fees a couple of times ordering from the UK...

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Hi
I'm also from holland and you can buy the complete collecta series at the

Museum van de oertijd in boxtel.

you don't have to go in to the park,,you can go to shop  only to.
They also have safari

Then you have the

Speelboer.com

a internet site in holland who has safari.and it's in Duiven

I live also near the border.i'm from Nijmegen

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Uroplatus

Hello, i created an account there last week. :)

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on February 09, 2015, 07:44:33 PM
Hi
I'm also from holland and you can buy the complete collecta series at the

Museum van de oertijd in boxtel.

you don't have to go in to the park,,you can go to shop  only to.
They also have safari

Then you have the

Speelboer.com

a internet site in holland who has safari.and it's in Duiven

I live also near the border.i'm from Nijmegen

Martien

Hi, i was planning to visit the museum soon so i will see what they have there, thanks for the info.
Before you and Nebuloid mentioned the speelboer i hadn't heard of him, but this looks to be my best chance at picking some out first hand, since his website says you can also visit him.
He seems to have a descent ammount in stock as well so that's always a good thing. :)

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

The Speelboer is a good man,,i like to buy there,our let people buy there and order for me,LOL

At the museum you wil also find the BIG AAA mamals

martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Nebuloid on February 09, 2015, 05:52:12 PM

Dinosaurtime is also UK based. ;)  And I experienced import fees a couple of times ordering from the UK...

Everything Dinosaur here, you shouldn't experience import fees from the UK into the European Union, especially if the parcel is under 2kgs.  We send all over Europe and to the best of our knowledge we have not come across this problem.  If you purchased from us in the European Union and if you have experienced issues over additional import duties, we would like to hear from you.  You ultimately, have to rely on the sender to get things like customs forms correct and such like.  This can be tricky as global shippers such as ourselves have to contend with hundreds of different thresholds and customs issues, but normally what we send out is covered by CN22 forms and this usually does the trick.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.