News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AK1508's Figure Line

Started by ak150884, September 14, 2015, 01:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak150884

Hello guys, how you doing? I'm a new member on the forum (which means I still have to take time to read the rules, and I will - promise!)!

I just wanted to let you know, that I am a new artist and will be producing my own figures related to dinosaurs and such! So, I was really excited to share my work with you and hope you all like it!

To give you a little background on my concept:

At the moment, all of my work is going to be tied to the currently WIP book that I am working on. Unfortunately, I am not nearly as quick of a writer as I am a sculptor, so it will be tricky to tie these two together, but I thought I would let you know anyway! The book will be set in the parallel universe, where humans, dinosaurs, some modern animals and even a few mythical creatures (chimera, manticore, wyvern etc) all co-exist. So all the art will be based on the creatures that make an actual book appearences and will be a canon to that, while at the same time (where appropriate) will try to tick all the boxes regarding science (when it comes to dinos for example).

The art style will also be more expressive with a fantasy element, rather than classic conservative paleoart. Hope some of you will learn to appreciate it and support my work, as it took me a great amount of time to finally build up the courage to start my own thing. I have tried several different areas of work in life and it never worked out for me, so I always kept coming back to where I started - my art and dinosaurs!

I hope you will enjoy this and will express interest in my sculptures!

Here is the link to my first completed work including the order instructions (if you are interested): http://ak1508.deviantart.com/art/Tyrannosaurus-Baby-Mini-Bust-Variants-559821773

You can also support me by subscribing to my page on Facebook here:  https://www.facebook.com/arsen.kazaryan.artwork

Here is the review of my T-Rex Baby Mini Bust product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_R969Ghpnc

If you have any questions about my work and myself, please feel free to ask them! And of course, I appreciate only constructive criticizm and no trolling! ;)
Thank you all for your time and have a lovely day folks!

Speak soon,
AK1508

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum, nice sculptures! Thanks for sharing. 8)

Kayakasaurus

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! Your sculpting work looks great, especially these Rex busts. The paint jobs are nice as well, will you be hand painting every model? We have a few mold makers on the Forum, including myself, and it would be great to hear about your mold making process. Can you post a price for these Rex models? Congratulations on your line! ;)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

ak150884

Hey guys! Thanks for a warm welcome so far!

Okay, let's do all Q&As in order :D

1. Painting - I combine hand painting with airbrush.

2. Moulds - since this is the first time i tried it, I made a couple errors, which resulted with some bubbles in my trial demo pieces (in the pictures). Luckily, I could afford getting a pressure pit with a compressor and my next casting came out very well with no bubbles at all. What I noticed though, was that I had a few bits of material being stuck to the main part of it and although they chipped off easily (a knife of some sort does the trick!) it makes it very annoying that you have to waste time on that kinda stuff. Had a theory that its cause I didnt give my mould release agent to dry in time before I poured the resin in, so next time i try giving it more minutes and see what happens!

3. Currently I ask for 45 GBP. This is basically a fully completed product, painted, matt varnished (gloss on the eyes!) and mounted on a base. As an alternative, oak bases are also be available, in case you dont like these ones colour (havent got a demo for those yet)! Don't do kits at the moment - sorry!

To find out more about the painting options and ordering procedure, shipping and etc go to either of the links I posted. On FB there is a post on timeline - and dont forget to like the page and share! On DA its my latest addition to the gallery and the details are in description - and dont forget to subscribe and share!

Phew! That should probably cover most questions for the start :D

Mitko

I've seen you on Deviant Art before, your work is great! :)

ak150884

Thank you so much!

Was wondering whether this is appropriate place for my topic? If not, could I ask the admins to navigate my topic to the right place, just to keep things in order? Pretty please? Thanks very much! ;)

EDIT: thank you very much!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.