News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Achillobator portrait wip

Started by antorbitalfenestrae, December 05, 2015, 01:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antorbitalfenestrae

So for my Drawing class, we choose a theme to create a body of work around for the year, and I chose paleoart as my theme (and trying to create art that is scientifically accurate, imaginative, and aesthetically successful). My current project is an Achillobator portrait in oil pastels-- it's eventually going to have a fully white background, and sticking its nose in the feathers on its shoulder. (the feathers will be more defined and very shaggy and fluffy, think an Old World vulture.) Sorry for the crappy picture quality, it's a phone camera.

Details:

What do you guys think? Any critiques/suggestions/compliments?

Rathalosaurus

Good looking so far.
But, isn't its lower jaw a bit too "box-shaped". IMAO of course.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

antorbitalfenestrae

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on December 05, 2015, 09:47:21 PM
But, isn't its lower jaw a bit too "box-shaped".

What do you mean? If it looks like the end is cut off, it is, that part is going to be covered by feathers. Also, we don't have any Achillobator skulls, so it's hard to know the exact proportions I guess...

Rain

Looks great so far! Keep us updated  ^-^

Rathalosaurus

Ok. I didn't see the covering. Very nice picture anyway.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.