News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Brachiosaurus showcase video - Catwoman Mount

Started by The Arc, July 29, 2015, 04:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Arc

New video of my Brachiosaurus by Papo 12-31-15:
https://youtu.be/IpJnKsdhKM4

I made a video review on the Spino by papo;  Mine has some standing issues which gets extremely annoying (it falls over often,  and more often I can't even get it to stand).  Link of the video below.  What are your opinions on the Papo Spinosaurus?  I'm thinking maybe I should request to get a replacement model from papo,  one that stands properly. 
https://youtu.be/WOhPM5lJTBQ

Gwangi

A lot of them have standing issues unfortunately. Mine does too, it has to lean on one of its hands.

suspsy

I find it an ugly toy regardless of how well it stands. I've never felt the least urge to buy it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Mine is fine. I hate Papo and I must say it is an impressive figure.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 30, 2015, 01:21:05 PM

I thought you converted?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gwangi on July 30, 2015, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 30, 2015, 01:21:05 PM

I thought you converted?

I'm pretty sure he converted. Someone must have hacked his account.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on July 30, 2015, 02:00:17 AM
I find it an ugly toy regardless of how well it stands. I've never felt the least urge to buy it.

I remember the Papo Spino being a huge favorite even amongst the anti-Papo (and Papo neutral) crowd...It probably has some sort of timeless appeal.

Shadowknight1

I agree.  Compared to the other Papos, the colors are so bland and dull.  And it represents my least favorite character in the Jurassic Park franchise.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

If I'm not mistaken, I remember that even Sbell was fond of the Papo Spino, although he wasn't really into Papos at that time.

I think if Papo fixes the snout, and re-release the Spino as a quadruped, it would be quite impressive.

Viking Spawn

Both of my Spino stand just fine.  You must have gotten a bad one.  I'd say exchange it if you still can.

Interesting video too!  I wonder what it would be like riding the back of one of those.  Or if the creature would even notice me along for the ride at all?

The Arc

Yeah I think I got a bad one-  At a store the some time back I checked out some of their Papo Spino's and they all stood just fine :/

Dilopho

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 01, 2015, 11:35:35 PM
I agree.  Compared to the other Papos, the colors are so bland and dull.  And it represents my least favorite character in the Jurassic Park franchise.
It's good that they updated the colour scheme to add a red "flush" on the face, and blue, pink and white stripes on the fin. He even has blue "socks"!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.