News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wanted: Dino Toy Loan

Started by DinoToyForum, February 06, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Hi collectors! I'm posting this request on behalf of my colleagues at the University of Birmingham who have an exciting exhibition in the works:

"The University of Birmingham's Lapworth Museum is holding a small exhibition about the history of palaeoart, and the curators would like to exhibit a small number of dinosaur toys from across the last few decades as part of it. The exhibition, which will be free to attend, will run between July and October 2018. Toys loaned to us would be displayed behind glass in a secure environment alongside other material such as books, comics, and scientific publications. We are pleased to offer a small honorarium for the loan of any interesting toys – particularly if you have a collection which spans a considerable period of time – and will, of course, defray any expenses associated with transporting the items between you and the museum. We'd also be willing to offer a tour of the Museum (potentially including behind-the-scenes access to the collection and archive) to anyone who helps us out. Collectors local to the Midlands are preferred for obvious reasons, but anybody based in the UK is encouraged to get in touch! If you believe you can help us, please contact Dr Will Tattersdill ([email protected])."

I've offered to assist when it comes to toy lines well-represented in my own collection, but my own collection is relatively restricted to marine reptiles and modern companies. I know we have several UK-based forum members with extensive decade-spanning collections of dinosaur models, which is why I suggested they put out a call here. I hope some of you may be able and willing to help.

IrritatorRaji

What kind of toys are they wanting? I have some Kenner stuff (e.g Red Rex, Bull Rex, Animatronic Spino) that I'd consider temporarily parting with, as well as some Invicta's and Carnegies. Do those count as interesting?

Patrx

I was about to volunteer my Oberon Zell Deinonychus, but then I remembered that it's not precisely a toy - and that I don't live in the UK  ;D
In any case, this sounds like it'll be an extremely interesting exhibition!

amargasaurus cazaui

I have collections of marx mpc and timmee as well as the hollow sandbox style dinosaurs and also own a rather decent collection of comic books with dinosaurs featured on the covers, from Turok, the original entire series) and the war that time forgot from Star Spanlged war stores    to such things as the 70's issue Godzilla series, and devil dinosaur as well a some random tarzan dinosaur covers from the 50'sor 60's
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ceratopsian

I wish them well and will try very hard to visit the exhibition.  But the only older things in my collection are Sibbick paintings - no older toys.  Ah not quite true - I have some Battat originals.  Perhaps I had better get in touch with them after all!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.