News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking to enlist British aid for Papo set!

Started by Roselaar, October 30, 2015, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

I'm in need of a kind, warmhearted person living in the UK. I understand the new Papo T-Rex/Raptor 2-pack is available in Europe in British ToysRus stores only and I really want one to avoid missing out on this neat set like happened to me an many others in the Brown Running Rex situation.

So, are there any amiable, helpful British natives willing to lend me a hand in this scenario? My gratitude would naturally be immense. :) And of course, full costs for purchase and shipping to the Netherlands would be compensated.

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 30, 2015, 11:03:57 PM
Just wondering, are you aware of this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-New-Papo-Dinosaur-Toy-figure-T-REX-Velociraptor-Repainting-Special-Pack-/321897163455?hash=item4af290eabf:g:nv0AAOSwT5tWFjb5

Yeah, but it's a last resort. Together with shipping costs and unavoidable import taxes (since it's outside the EU zone), it's just a little too expensive for my taste, unless all other options fail. But thanks anyway!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on October 30, 2015, 11:17:50 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 30, 2015, 11:03:57 PM
Just wondering, are you aware of this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-New-Papo-Dinosaur-Toy-figure-T-REX-Velociraptor-Repainting-Special-Pack-/321897163455?hash=item4af290eabf:g:nv0AAOSwT5tWFjb5

Yeah, but it's a last resort. Together with shipping costs and unavoidable import taxes (since it's outside the EU zone), it's just a little too expensive for my taste, unless all other options fail. But thanks anyway!
I see. I am British but I can't help. My nearest TRU is something like 20 miles away (is a country bumpkin). But I hope you can find what you're looking for :)

UK

Hi Yann, tru is on the other side of Poole to me but traffic is a nightmare here. Next time I'm crossing I will,p pop in for you. How desperate are you, I could make a detour tomorrow if needs be but Saturday it grinds to a halt.

Post office is a three mile walk too. Will see what I can do tomorrow.

Moodyraptor

I have a TRU very close, and I know they have had them in stock, I brought mine there.  I can drop in later today and see if they have another  :)

Moodyraptor

Roselaar, I picked up the last one in stock.  Let me know if you want it.  I think I am single-handedly responsible for clearing their shelves at this point  ^-^

Roselaar

Quote from: Moodyraptor on October 31, 2015, 01:15:31 PM
Roselaar, I picked up the last one in stock.  Let me know if you want it.  I think I am single-handedly responsible for clearing their shelves at this point  ^-^

THANK YOU!! PM'ing. ;)

PaleoMatt

I've never seen a papo figure in uk stores before :P Can someone help me with where they are sold because I only find schleich

Roselaar

Quote from: TE Matt on October 31, 2015, 02:25:55 PM
I've never seen a papo figure in uk stores before :P Can someone help me with where they are sold because I only find schleich

ToysRus at least.

PaleoMatt

My local ToysRus only sells schleich but then again I haven't been there for a while :P

Moodyraptor

I've been getting mine from a Toys R Us in Nottingham.  It has a selection of papo stuff as well as schleich.  I don't know how long it's been stocking them though since the first time I ever went in was about a month ago to try and find this set.  It is a pretty big store, too. 

Schleich do seem to dominate everywhere else though.  I can still remember being disappointed as a kid when the Early Learning Centre stopped stocking Carnegies in favour of Schleich.  Even as a kid I could see they weren't as nice! And the only other place I've ever seen Papos in the UK was in an independent shop in York (though they are easy enough to get online). 

Raptoress

Are you still looking? I'd help but obviously you must be aware of postage costs... It could get pricey but I would only charge what it costs to send. :) Let me know if you still want help.

Roselaar

Quote from: Raptoress on November 02, 2015, 08:26:54 PM
Are you still looking? I'd help but obviously you must be aware of postage costs... It could get pricey but I would only charge what it costs to send. :) Let me know if you still want help.

No thanks, MoodyRaptor has found me a set. Unless it gets lost in the mail (which would be a first for me), my quest is over. :)

Roselaar

Objective accomplished. Thanks again for all your help, Moody! :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.