News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways Velociraptor

Started by tyrantqueen, May 07, 2012, 10:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Hi,
I adore Battlebrak's feathered velociraptor but I only want it in the 1/20 scale.

Recently the 1/20 chirostenotes came back into stock again it seems. Does anyone know if this is gonna also happen with the 1/20 raptor?
I don't suppose there is anyone out there who is willing to sell theirs?

I consider this velociraptor to the best best velociraptor on the market, and also the best feathered one (even better than Bullyland's)

brontodocus

I wasn't aware that there has been a time when the 1/20 Chirostenotes was unavailable... Hmm, the Velociraptor was Aarons first, I've never seen any photo of the 1/20 version or heard that anyone here had one instead of the 1/12 version and I assume that it wasn't printable due to wall thickness issues. I remember that there were wall thickness issues even in the case of the larger models (e.g. the 1/12 Velociraptor and the quilled Protoceratops) and any rework of a model to make it printable must be quite frustrating and time consuming for the designer. Maybe he wouldn't rework it unless someone shows interest in the 1/20 version? Besides, the Velociraptor was released prior to the introduction of the material "Frosted Ultra Detail" which can be printed at a higher resolution and demands less thick walls. I wouldn't rule out that the model could still be printed in that material (but it's also much more expensive than e.g. "White, Strong & Flexible"). Aaron doesn't seem to have an account here on the new DTF, yet but maybe you should send him a pm via shapeways. :) On the other hand you could also consider getting the 1/12 version which is really awesome and quite large (for a shapeways model). 8) D'oh, now you remind me that I still haven't finished painting mine after nearly two years... :-[ ;D
Here's also the original thread about the Velociraptor on v.1. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

I have the 1:20 version.
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=collections&thread=2972&page=12#75327

Aaron immediately stopped it after the first orders.
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=art&thread=3029&page=3#75333
Why mine was the only one that wasn't cancelled? I don't know.

I'd highly recommend the 1:12 version. As tyrantqueen wrote, it's the very best Velociraptor model on the market.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 07, 2012, 01:16:57 PM
I have the 1:20 version.
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=collections&thread=2972&page=12#75327

Aaron immediately stopped it after the first orders.
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=art&thread=3029&page=3#75333
Why mine was the only one that wasn't cancelled? I don't know.

I'd highly recommend the 1:12 version. As tyrantqueen wrote, it's the very best Velociraptor model on the market.
Ah, I've forgotten about your 1/20 version (and I've even commented on it... blame it on my dementia :-[ ;D )! Wow, it's been nearly two years... since Aaron was worried it might break under its own weight it's possible he won't rework it. :-\ Oh, and your copper repaint once again reminds me I should paint mine... 8) although I won't achieve this quality...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Lady medusa

Where can yoU order the 1:12 version of this raptor? Super super beautiful in all its raptor goodness!

postsaurischian

Lady medusa

Awesome thanks soooo much!!!!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.