News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General Movie Discussion

Started by Kovu, November 24, 2015, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Rain on November 25, 2015, 10:00:41 PM
The story wasn't that exciting, it had been done before but there's no denying that movie itself was stunning, the scenery, the fauna and the flora, it just looked great. I totally agree with Gwangi, it's worth watching at least once for the visuals alone.
Fair enough, but I don't think the scenery and such is 100% original. The creators of Avatar admitted they referenced the work of one Roger Dean, a fantasy artist, for the look of Pandora (particularly the floating islands). He actually sued them but did not win the case.

Roger Dean is one of my favourite artists, incidentally. I own his book, Dragon's Dream and I love his fantasy landscapes.

You can find a ton more if you google...

Kovu

Highly, highly recommend In the Heart of the Sea. Awesome movie based on true events.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.