News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from Cleveland!

Started by Starboy, December 09, 2015, 06:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starboy

Hi, everyone. New member Starboy here from the Cleveland area. A fellow redditor sauro-phile just told me about your forum and that you're the friendliest place on the internet.

I have been collecting dino models since this summer and have quite a nice collection of Papos and Rebors. I read everything I can find on paleontology (every dino article on Wikipedia!) and just bought three fantastic custom painted dino shirts from a paleoartist in the UK. Yeah, I'm kind of crazy about dinosaurs and for a guy in his 50's, I don't even bother explaining anymore. What's the use of being grown up if you can't be a kid when you want to be!

Here's my current collection at my office. It doesn't include my more recent Rebor models, but I have a couple more coming and when they arrive I'll update the pics.
http://imgur.com/a/DKW3X

I've also got a few other surprise goodies coming that I'll post when they arrive ;-)

EDIT: Fixed link to photo album.

Dilopho

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Yes, welcome to the forum! This really is a great place with lots of great people, i'm sure you'll enjoy it here :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Newt

Welcome! I'm guessing from your handle you're a fellow Home Movies fan, yes?

Halichoeres

Hello, and welcome! Looks like we're denied access to your google photos page, but I look forward to seeing your collection pics at some point!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Quote from: Starboy on December 09, 2015, 06:45:46 PM
Hi, everyone. New member Starboy here from the Cleveland area. A fellow redditor sauro-phile just told me about your forum and that you're the friendliest place on the internet.

I have been collecting dino models since this summer and have quite a nice collection of Papos and Rebors. I read everything I can find on paleontology (every dino article on Wikipedia!) and just bought three fantastic custom painted dino shirts from a paleoartist in the UK. Yeah, I'm kind of crazy about dinosaurs and for a guy in his 50's, I don't even bother explaining anymore. What's the use of being grown up if you can't be a kid when you want to be!

Here's my current collection at my office. It doesn't include my more recent Rebor models, but I have a couple more coming and when they arrive I'll update the pics.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipN-n3fPhKrEFoEG6cZKKrjse-Gg2CrR1_lmh6lH

I've also got a few other surprise goodies coming that I'll post when they arrive ;-)
Posting pictures on this forum is very easy- just copy the link of the photo (right click and copy image url) and then use the little mona lisa icon in the post editor to put the link in as a picture.

Patrx

Welcome, Starboy! We do endeavor to maintain a friendly environment, that's for sure - and we are all crazy about dinosaurs. :)

QuoteWhat's the use of being grown up if you can't be a kid when you want to be!

Agreed entirely! Good attitude.

I'd like to browse your collection, but it seems there's an issue with permissions there. I think we'll be able to see the pictures if you share them in a post in the manner described by Dilopho above. Check out this thread for more information about that.

Starboy

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 09, 2015, 08:28:46 PM
Hello, and welcome! Looks like we're denied access to your google photos page, but I look forward to seeing your collection pics at some point!

Thanks! Actually, one of my hobbies is astronomy and telescopes and Starman is too frequently already taken.

Starboy

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 09, 2015, 08:28:46 PM

Thanks. I updated the link in my original post to be shared.

Viking Spawn

Welcome fellow Ohioan!  I too collect mainly Rebor and Papo models!  Loved your pics!

You can check out pics of my figures in the collections section of this forum.  I also posted pics of my visits to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History in the Museum section here too!

I live near Clyde, Ohio...  Home of the Fliers! 

Redonix76

From another new guy, welcome!!! I also have a small collection. Even with the larger feet, I'm a fan of Rebor and have some. Papo is also my favorite. I'm also a huge fan of Shane Foulkes and have his Allosaurus kit on the way...excited!

Viking Spawn

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.