News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from Florida

Started by J.R.S T REX, January 05, 2016, 09:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.R.S T REX

Well here I am, now 63 years of age and getting  back into what was a childhood passion of mine.  I went with my daughter to the Field Museum in Chicago where we spent most of our time at the dinosaur exhibits.  Sue really is amazing and I am up to speed on the story behind her discovery and final auction to Chicago's Museum.  It was there where I saw many of the different manufacturer's offerings of dinosaurs and saw how  lifelike the dinosaur collectibles have become.  For Christmas, my daughter's gave me a T-Rex Attack Plaque for my wall and I then decided to purchase a few.  I started watching the reviews on youtube.com and found the 2 brands that really got me excited.  I decided to get some of them and purchased the following:

Papo:   T Rex brown Standing, T Rex green running, baby T Rex brown, baby T Rex green, velociraptor, triceratops and young triceratops. apatosaurus, and brachiosaurus.

Rebor:  Yutyrannus Huali (Y-Rex), Tyrannosaurus Rex (King T-Rex)   ,  Utahraptor Ostrommaysorum (Wind Hunter), Ceratosaurus  Dentisulcatus (Savage),    Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis (Hercules),  and Triceratops Horridus Corpse (The Fallen Queen)

I just ordered these today and cannot wait to find decorate my family room  with these very cool recreations! 

Jetoar

Hello and welcome to DTF new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! You got back into the hobby the exact same way I did--in the Field Museum gift shop marveling at what detail they pack into plastic toys these days. Only my office is just downstairs from the gift shop ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PaleoMatt

DinoToyForum

Dilopho

Quote from: J.R.S T REX on January 05, 2016, 09:15:59 PM
Well here I am, now 63 years of age and getting  back into what was a childhood passion of mine.  I went with my daughter to the Field Museum in Chicago where we spent most of our time at the dinosaur exhibits.  Sue really is amazing and I am up to speed on the story behind her discovery and final auction to Chicago's Museum.  It was there where I saw many of the different manufacturer's offerings of dinosaurs and saw how  lifelike the dinosaur collectibles have become.  For Christmas, my daughter's gave me a T-Rex Attack Plaque for my wall and I then decided to purchase a few.  I started watching the reviews on youtube.com and found the 2 brands that really got me excited.  I decided to get some of them and purchased the following:

Papo:   T Rex brown Standing, T Rex green running, baby T Rex brown, baby T Rex green, velociraptor, triceratops and young triceratops. apatosaurus, and brachiosaurus.

Rebor:  Yutyrannus Huali (Y-Rex), Tyrannosaurus Rex (King T-Rex)   ,  Utahraptor Ostrommaysorum (Wind Hunter), Ceratosaurus  Dentisulcatus (Savage),    Acrocanthosaurus Atokensis (Hercules),  and Triceratops Horridus Corpse (The Fallen Queen)

I just ordered these today and cannot wait to find decorate my family room  with these very cool recreations!
Welcome, welcome, WELCOME! I'm happy that we can get another member! You sound really friendly, too!

Arul

J.R.S T REX

Thanks for the nice welcomes!  I am trying to put together some of the very best pieces of each specie.  So far, Rebor, and Papo are my first purchases.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Dilopho

Quote from: J.R.S T REX on January 07, 2016, 04:02:12 AM
Thanks for the nice welcomes!  I am trying to put together some of the very best pieces of each specie.  So far, Rebor, and Papo are my first purchases.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you like those you'd probably like collecta dinosaurs.

Patrx

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of brands/manufacturers worth recommending. Safari LTD, CollectA, Battat, and Favorite make some great stuff, and Kaiyodo excels at tiny, accurate little dinosaurs.

sauroid

hello and welcome Mr. J.R.S T REX. we hope you enjoy your stay in the forum and looking forward to see the pics of your soon to be big collection. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

LiamYes

Viking Spawn

Welcome to the community!  Just FYI, I'm 46.  ;)

oscars_dinos

I think its cool to see older (and i don't mean that in a bad way) members on this forum considering I'm a teenager

laticauda

Welcome to the DTF.  As for what companies, there are many, each with their own style and size.  We all have our favorites so it depends on what you like. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.