News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jon's 1/35 scale Styracosaurus

Started by Dr. Brad, August 18, 2012, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Brad

Hi all. Here's another recent build. It's Jon Rader's 1/35 Styracosaurus. It's a nice little model. Didn't use the tall resin gnarly tree supplied with the kit, but went with some wood for an old tree and a Tamiya Archeopteryx in the tree. I know, Jurassic critter - but it barely looks like an Archeopteryx anyway. :-) Comments are welcome.

Brad.

postsaurischian

:D  Wow! This is awesome!!

.......................... if I only could make contact with that Jon Rader!!!

mmfrankford

ataraxus

wonderful! I also love the colors. what do you use for the fern?

amargasaurus cazaui

Stunning piece !!! I am sure I could do that...given about a million years to practice !! Just amazing.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dr. Brad

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. This was the first ceratopsian I've done that I'm satisfied with. The ferns are asparagus ferns - I should have painted them, though. Since the picture was taken, they've turned yellow. :-)

Jetoar

Good work  ^-^! I like all, but the Arcaheopteryx s a good detail for your diorama and the plants are amazing. Well done.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

martin garratt

Good to see you here Brad,

Fantastic work as usual.

Argentavis

very nice diorama. I know the problem with real plants on dioramas, but some keep green for a long time.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.