News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Newbie from the Philippines

Started by docronnie, November 06, 2012, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

Nice to know that someone else collects with his daughter!

docronnie

For a while, I thought she has lost interest in them, boy, I was wrong. Now she's also playing dinosaur app games and has continued to love dinosaurs.:D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 15, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
Your evolution as a collector is great to watch! At first you started with just Schleichs, then you networked and established yourself here, and now you have a cool collection! A success story!

Missed this keen observation of yours, Libraraptor.  Thanks for all the kind words!

I must say, it is on the path of being a success story, after guesting on TV last year in correlation with the Jurassic World movie.  For me the ultimate satisfaction and glory of a toy collector is for him to share his collections with everyone through social media, TV, radio, toy conventions (displays), exhibits etc.  ^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: docronnie on February 12, 2016, 04:00:26 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 15, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
Your evolution as a collector is great to watch! At first you started with just Schleichs, then you networked and established yourself here, and now you have a cool collection! A success story!

Missed this keen observation of yours, Libraraptor.  Thanks for all the kind words!

I must say, it is on the path of being a success story, after guesting on TV last year in correlation with the Jurassic World movie.  For me the ultimate satisfaction and glory of a toy collector is for him to share his collections with everyone through social media, TV, radio, toy conventions (displays), exhibits etc.  ^-^

Yes, that´s true. When I saw that my collection video on youtube hit the 1000 - mark, it blew me away.Seeing where it stands now makes me faint :o

As to my keen words - well, isn´t dinosaur collecting something great, connecting people to each other from all over the world, no matter what they believe in or how much money they earn? Isn´t it great I can talk to someone from the Phillipines, or the Netherlands or from all over the world.
This makes me wonder - do we have any African members here?

docronnie

I used to trade with fellow Marvel Battle Dice collectors in 2007 from Romania, US and other European countries, so I know the feeling is AWESOME! But sad to say, the MBD forum is now non-existent... :(

I miss my friends there. But once in a while, I get trading inquiries from foreign collectors. Can't trade with them anymore, since I only lack 2 rare figs from the line, which they don't have.

docronnie

the probabilty that I viewed your collection on You Tube is high. What's your handle on You Tube, Libraraptor? :-)

Libraraptor

Quote from: docronnie on February 17, 2016, 08:48:19 AM
the probabilty that I viewed your collection on You Tube is high. What's your handle on You Tube, Libraraptor? :-)

What do you mean by "handle"?
Simply put in "Libraraptors collection" and you´ll immediataly can see the video.
Or did you mean something else that´s lost in translation?

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: docronnie on February 17, 2016, 08:48:19 AM

What do you mean by "handle"?
Simply put in "Libraraptors collection" and you´ll immediataly can see the video.
Or did you mean something else that´s lost in translation?

It's a CB-radio reference, sort of like User name.

docronnie

Yup, it's user name. Thanks Sbell! Sorry Libraraptor for the confusion.  :)

Will check it out on You Tube.  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.