News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kung Fu Stegosaurus

Started by TJ_Terrorsaur, October 22, 2014, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

Paleontologists have discovered more about the Stegosaurus and it's awesome lethal tail through some newly found fossils. Apparently the Stegosaurus' tail was made for 3D combat. www.geosociety.org/news/pr/2014/14-77.htm
It's tail was well muscled all the way to it's tip and was similar to a monkey's tail in that it had no locking joints!

Mamasaurus

This article is really cool! I can't believe nobody's commented on this.  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Viking Spawn

HD-man

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on October 22, 2014, 11:25:31 PMPaleontologists have discovered more about the Stegosaurus and it's awesome lethal tail through some newly found fossils. Apparently the Stegosaurus' tail was made for 3D combat. www.geosociety.org/news/pr/2014/14-77.htm
It's tail was well muscled all the way to it's tip and was similar to a monkey's tail in that it had no locking joints!

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAPWYajXlAg
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mamasaurus

That's a great clip that really puts a visual to the article. Where is it from?

Also, is the movement of the plates shown a reasonable hypothesis?  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't see the video without a plugin, but I'm guessing it's the PBS series The Dinosaurs?

I liked the Fantasia mention to always liked that one.

Derek.McManus

It looks like Stegosaurs was a very dangerous creature!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.