News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a Louis Paul Jonas Dinosuar Statue

Started by trapink, March 05, 2016, 04:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapink

I've been on the hunt for a Louis Paul Jonas dinosaur statue for some time — they are proving to be elusive.

These are miniature versions of the dinosaurs created for the New York Worlds Fair.

I believe they came in two sizes — one, about a foot tall, for museums, and a smaller version that would be at home on a bookshelf or desktop.

Both series have dinosaurs mounted on a wooden base.

If you might have a lead or one for sale, I hope you'll be in touch.   Much appreciated.

postsaurischian

Louis Paul Jonas Studios made some of the most amazing extant animal sculptures I've ever seen.
I've never seen any Dinosaurs from them :o. Do you have pictures?

trapink

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are quite difficult to locate and pricey if you do.  I've been looking quite awhile myself and it seems so have many others.  Found one once on ebay last year under "Dinosaur Statue" I put 30.00 on it and no movement til the last few minutes, then it sky rocketed.

The last ones I recall for sale were about the 90's, you order a whole set in the pages of PT..not sre of these recasts or what though they looked great. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.