News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

An egg-centric effort.......

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 22, 2016, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 24, 2016, 03:22:03 AM
I think regarding his line of late Cretaceous ceratopsians, he will likely stick with the derived species more than anything basal, just for accuracy sake. Speaking just for myself, I fail to see the thrill in all these ceratopsians that are so similar with only slight differences in horn placements, frile design and cranial decorations, but the rest of the world seems to thrive on them.
  Given that the bases he is working with and making are diorama type scenes, it seems unlikely he would mix species from various time periods or geographical ranges. My own feeling is that he could quite easily offer a set that is not genus derived...ie raptors, or  ceratopsians, but rather ....Dinosaurs of China, or something similar. Wether he should or shouldnt intermix is a tough call.....some would be annoyed while others would not care.

Thanks for your reply, amargasaurus.

Some things we were discussing about the ceratopsian series have actually been asked about by others in the Kickstarter's comments section recently to which David has replied.  They are summarised below, with a link to the original comment in case you'd like to see it.

Someone said they'd like a Psittacosaurus to be made and also said, "It could be a small ride-along to the bigger ceratopsians."  David replied, "psittacosaurus noted!"  (Link to original comment)

Someone else hoped there would be more than one "body buck" for the ceratopsians, so that in addition to ceratopsids, a 1:6 scale Protoceratops could be made.  David replied, "all very possible. I still have much to work out but I'd like to have three different ceratopsian bucks for the next series. No guarantees though."  (Link to original comment)

So, some less derived ceratopsians might be made in addition to the ceratopsids!  I think there's a good chance Protoceratops will be made, with something in its favour being it coexisted with some of the species from the raptor series e.g. Velociraptor, Tsaagan.

Sorry for being off-topic!