News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Poundland/Funtastic Play & Learn dinosaurs

Started by Strontium Dog, June 13, 2016, 09:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strontium Dog

I recently went into a branch of Poundland, as I often do in my quest for toys.

I was surprised to discover, among the usual junk, these rather nifty dinos.

Poundland has relased them under their own Play & Learn brand; they are clearly a rip-off of something more expensive, but for £1 each I cannot fault them.

(Please excuse the rough and ready nature of these images, I think I chose a poor light source. Dinofroz figure for scale)

Moderator at LRG toy & minifigure forum

CityRaptor

Originals would be
First pic: Papo Parasaurlophus, Allosaurus, Pteranodon
Second pic: Papo/Collecta Hybrid Spinosaurus, REBOR Yutyrannus, Schleich Pentaceratops
Third pic: Papo Allosaurus
Fourth pic: Schleich Pentaceratops
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Strontium Dog

Thanks CityRaptor, I'd only managed to identify the Schleich-inspired Pentaceratops.
Moderator at LRG toy & minifigure forum

sauroid

they moved the eyes of the Papo Allo to the ear part *shudder*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoG

Run!

Nanuqsaurus

Silvanusaurus

I also saw these in poundland recently, I couldnt bring myself to buy one, but the yutyranus might be useful as the basis for a custom at some point down the line.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.