News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Raptor'z Tweaks

Started by no longer available, May 23, 2016, 02:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no longer available

Since I visited the Customized Figures section of this forum, I have been interested in recoloring dinosaur figures, both chinasaurs and trusted brands.  And now, I have started working on repainting dinosaur toys, and I plan to work on some non-dinosaur toys as well!  For each of these posts, I'll tell you what prehistoric animal I recolored (Sometimes to the best of my ability), what company made it, what color scheme I based it on and why, and, if i don't forget, an image of the figure before its new paint job!  I use my Nintendo 3DS XL's camera app to take pictures, so please note that the quality of the image(s) might not be good sometimes.  Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

Repaint No. 1 - Liliensternus? (Maker unknown)

http://imgur.com/HXjMTzR

http://imgur.com/UPOE18Z

My first completed repaint!  I was originally going to do a made up color scheme, but I wound up giving it tiger stripes.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the original, but it was orange with a black stripe running down its back.

Megalosaurus

Nice.
Keep practicing with mini chinasaurs, its a good way to improve.
Also I suggest you to try to imitate real animal colors at first, bright/neon colors doesn't look good in extensive surface of the figures.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Rexxaroo

Definitley a good start! id try and grab some nice Taklon brushes, they offer a cleaner line. Not bad for a start, maybe try some less blod colors and work on cleaning up your edges. Good luck!!
(.||||< Rexx

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.