You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Titanosaur at the Amercan Museum of Natural History

Started by dgmilner, January 11, 2016, 12:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 17, 2016, 09:12:08 PM
Are we any closer to a name  yet? And is there anyplace to watch the Attenborough special?

I am not sure, but i do know that Dinosaurs can go for years without a scientific name being assigned to them.    Remember Anzu?   There was a skeleton of that dinosaur on display at the Carnegie Museum for awhile without a Name. (it was just referred to as a North american Oviraptor) It was not until 2014 that a name was finally assigned to it

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

MLMjp

I was lucky to see this magnificent mount the last day on my trip to New York  :))
I have to admit that, despite being huge, I was expecting it to be a little bit bigger, but it was great anyway. :)
I just wish the photos turn out better so I could post some ::)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: MLMjp on July 18, 2016, 12:02:00 PM
I was lucky to see this magnificent mount the last day on my trip to New York  :))
I have to admit that, despite being huge, I was expecting it to be a little bit bigger, but it was great anyway. :)
I just wish the photos turn out better so I could post some ::)

All the pictures I've seen make it look like it the display area doesn't really complement the specimen. For example, the Berlin brachiosaur has a nice, soaring atrium to stretch out in, but the AMNH titanosaur is cramped into a relatively small room, and is actually bending its neck down to fit its head out the door. They could certainly have highlighted it better.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.