News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rubidgea atrox

Started by Viergacht, May 27, 2016, 03:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viergacht

I started a sculpture of Rubidgea atrox, a monstrously big sabretoothed gorgonopsid from up in the Karoo. It's been a while since I've sculpted and I've never worked with epoxy before, only Sculpey (which I can't get here) and air dry and kiln fired clay. Should be interesting!

Here's the foil and styrofoam base:

And here are some pics of how far I've gotten today:

It's supposed to look like a big old specimen lounging like a lion. I'm going to give it a ridge of fur down the back and possibly a mane as well.

Jetoar

Really good sculpture and start ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Viergacht

Quote from: Jetoar on May 27, 2016, 05:10:12 PM
Really good sculpture and start ^-^.

Thanks! I love your gallery, btw, that Hemicyon is adorable!

spinosaurus1

:o watching with extreame intrest

Viergacht

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on May 27, 2016, 09:14:15 PM
:o watching with extreame intrest

*flails* I hope I don't disappoint! I did notice sculpting has gotten a bit harder since I've started to get farsighted.

Mamasaurus

I really love seeing progress pics for sculptures, and this one is looking good. :) have you done any more work on this one?  It's always great to see a gorgonopsid, so I'm excited to see how this one turns out!

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Viergacht

Quote from: Mamasaurus on July 01, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
I really love seeing progress pics for sculptures, and this one is looking good. :) have you done any more work on this one?  It's always great to see a gorgonopsid, so I'm excited to see how this one turns out!

Thanks! I need to take some more pix - there's been some progress, but I've been getting slammed with work so I haven't had much time for hobbies.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.