News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hi from 'strailya!

Started by St Dinos of Plasstisi, May 24, 2016, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Dinos of Plasstisi

Hi all!!

I'm from Australia. I have a fairly large collection of dino figures of various types, makes and varying quality. I'll take anything into my plastic dinosaur sanctuary that meets (fairly relaxed...) quality and display requirements and needs some love and rehabilitation.
I guess I'm re-living my childhood when I had a lot of chinasaur type figures, I frequent opportunity shops, markets, garage sales etc looking for cheesy retro plastic/vinyl dinosaurs and also collect newer/more accurate stuff.
If it's in a musty old box in a shop and is halfway reasonable quality and needs some love I'll rescue it.
My current collecting started with a play-worn Safari Carnegie Apatosaurus I scored from  a secondhand shop for $4 AU (bargain!) I guess my fave at the moment though in my beloved Tsukuda Hobby Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus (Barry).  And an EPS bead filled soft rubber crocodile with a missing back leg I rescued from a horrible musty, rubbish filled box called Limpy.
I allow insects and various other interesting creatures into the sanctuary but have tightened the character test recently as space for display is becoming a problem.
I do mods to surplus chinasaurs and dioramas sometimes for a laugh (create injured/dead victims and meat and bone chewing, bloodied perps etc) some of those old vintage chinasaur faces are priceless.
That's basically it!
Cheers! :-)

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF new friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Hi, welcome. Cheesy retro dinosaurs are the best :)

St Dinos of Plasstisi

Halichoeres

Welcome! You need an avatar where you hold out your hands beatifically and a Microraptor or something is alighting on one of them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Everything_Dinosaur

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.