News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How Do They Make Those Dino Figures? Here's the answer!

Started by Simon, May 20, 2016, 07:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Frankly I am not sure if this is Bullyland or Schleich, but my only thoughts watching this were to want to scream at the screen:  "With all that technology why didn't you make the darned things MORE realistic???!!!!???"

Caveat: I think that you have to have a Facebook account to see this video:

https://www.facebook.com/parafusodecoluna/videos/571229419716537/

Flaffy

Quote from: Simon on May 20, 2016, 07:02:45 AM
Frankly I am not sure if this is Bullyland or Schleich, but my only thoughts watching this were to want to scream at the screen:  "With all that technology why didn't you make the darned things MORE realistic???!!!!???"

Caveat: I think that you have to have a Facebook account to see this video:

https://www.facebook.com/parafusodecoluna/videos/571229419716537/
Thanks for sharing!  ;D

btb300

For those of you without a facebook account this can be found on youtube as well :) I believe the company is Schelich.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5KRawOXy4U&nohtml5=False
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Archinto

That was pretty cool to watch. It gives me some ideas
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Viergacht

Blade-of-the-Moon

That was neat, pretty sure it's Schleich.  One thing, are all of their pieces made in country? I thought China handled all the bulk orders? 

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 06, 2016, 04:07:46 PM
That was neat, pretty sure it's Schleich.  One thing, are all of their pieces made in country? I thought China handled all the bulk orders?

It's definitely Schleich, I have two of those rexies in my collection. ;)

CityRaptor

Yeah, it is Schleich. You can also see the name Schleich in the same scene where the T.rex reference material ( which is actually artwork of the TLW:JP T.rex - so far for research ) is shown.

Quote from: Simon on May 20, 2016, 07:02:45 AM
"With all that technology why didn't you make the darned things MORE realistic???!!!!???"

Probably because they are using Jurassic Park for reference.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 06, 2016, 04:07:46 PM

Part of Schleich's figures are made in Germany, but many are made in China. Including all of the current prehistoric animals ( The Replica Saurus ones I own are also made in China ), expect for the Minis ( made in Germany ).  Today I also rought a set with branchses on clearence, which are also made in Germany.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Interesting video. It´s Schleich, and with all the possibilities they have and armies of modelers and other staff it´s a petty that most of their models are such fails.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.