News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Klatt Andrewsarchus

Started by smashtoad, August 17, 2016, 07:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smashtoad

Have you guys seen Klatt's take on Andresarchus?  I think I'm in love.  He goes another step towards this animal's hooved animal relationship.  A step (no fur) that not only makes sense, it looks absolutely fantastic.  The mouth is freaking perfect.  I have got to get this kit.  Hobby Money Acquisition Force....ACTIVATE!

Derek.McManus

Doug Watson

What a unique and very well executed take on this animal.
Here is a link to see what it looks like http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/andrewsarchus-resin-kit-by-klatt/

suspsy

Much more like a warthog or a hippo than a wolf. I like it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Silvanusaurus

Wow, I remember seeing a picture of the model, but I didn't realise it was Andrewsarchus. It's very natural and un-monsterfied.

Libraraptor

I like that one very much. It´s not the usual cliche depiction. And that´s exactly why it looks so compelling!

Derek.McManus

BlueKrono

That's fantastic. Must own! Isn't Andy's closest living relative the hippo?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Viergacht

I have GOT to get one of these. I love the way the face is fleshed out.

Fenestra

Put fur on an Andrewsarchus and it looks like a carnivore to me.
Leave out the fur and Andrewsarchus looks like a herbivore to me, that likes a little meat on the side as well.

Was it ever established what Andrewsarchus was? Carnivore or omnivore?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.