News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Permission for using dinosaur images?

Started by dinnnno, September 01, 2016, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinnnno

Hello I have a question.
I have an idea to make birthday cards and stuff using photos I have taken of some toy dinosaurs and sell them to a local museum. IS this legal to do or would I need permission from the creators of the toys. I have used papo safari and schleich in my pictures.

Thank you

pako

If you take a picture of a star wars figure and do the same, will they allow you ?

stargatedalek

Quote from: pako on September 01, 2016, 01:17:45 PM
If you take a picture of a star wars figure and do the same, will they allow you ?
An entirely different scenario. Star Wars figures aren't copyrighted solely as figures, but as designs in part of an overall branding.

Essentially what it comes down to is that a photo of a toy can be considered its own piece of artwork, Safari ltd. does not own copyrights for artwork of its figures. Disney would however own copyright for art of Star Wars related branding.

tyrantqueen

Libraraptor

I´d say it´s legal for the same reasons stargatedalek mentioned.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.