News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park T-Rex Price

Started by Mo_the_Triceratops_King, July 04, 2016, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Hi guys,

i got this impressive JP Trex, can u tell me whats the worth of it? (circa) I didnt find any info online if this is a rare of common JP toy.

Its my fav JP toy and my biggest dino toy. When i got it i almost felt from my chair, the length is around 70 cm. ^^
Pic dont show mine btw. Im just curious if im owning a rare piece here.

Rain

It's a retooled version of Kenner's Bull T - rex.  It isn't particularly rare, probably worth around 40-60 bucks.

Roselaar

Quote from: Rain on July 04, 2016, 10:24:29 PM
It's a retooled version of Kenner's Bull T - rex.  It isn't particularly rare, probably worth around 40-60 bucks.

Sounds about right. It's fairly recent, released in 2009. Still, because of its size and its superior sculpt compared to most other JP/JW toys from Hasbro (since it isn't really, the sculpt is from Kenner), it's rather sought after. Still, you should be able to find one for 40-60 bucks.

yankeetrex

I dont know if you've been tracking the cost on this recently,  but it rarely ever sells for between 40-60 dollars......this guy can fetch an easy 80-120 now.  I spent the better part of 3 years trying to find one for 40 dollars and finally found a guy selling on JPtoys that hit the price point.  Otherwise I'd still be looking for it.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: yankeetrex on July 06, 2016, 08:46:50 PM
I dont know if you've been tracking the cost on this recently,  but it rarely ever sells for between 40-60 dollars......this guy can fetch an easy 80-120 now.  I spent the better part of 3 years trying to find one for 40 dollars and finally found a guy selling on JPtoys that hit the price point.  Otherwise I'd still be looking for it.

True. 40-60$ was the price when it was released.
The last modell of this i saw changed the owner for 250$ without the original package on ebay usa, i never saw it on german ebay and i check ebay daily for every new dino stuff.

Rain

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on July 06, 2016, 10:48:07 PM
Quote from: yankeetrex on July 06, 2016, 08:46:50 PM

True. 40-60$ was the price when it was released.
The last modell of this i saw changed the owner for 250$ without the original package on ebay usa, i never saw it on german ebay and i check ebay daily for every new dino stuff.

What yankee said is probably true, I got mine on ebay for 60 a while back so the prices have probably changed since then. But I really doubt it's 250. Are you sure you aren't looking at the original one? It's a blueish green

Roselaar

It shouldn't be 250, that's ridiculous. You could get a few original TLW Bull Rexes for that.

The 40-60 bucks range applies to a loose figure without accessories (human figure and gun) and box. MIB samples of course tend to go much higher.

DinoLord

I got my TLW Bull Rex (loose with no accessories) for $40 a few years ago. This version shouldn't be worth much more than that.

CityRaptor

Prices are obviously inflated due to Jurassic World.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.