News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Name that Dimetrodon!

Started by Nobs, August 11, 2016, 05:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobs

Dimetrodon used to be an all-star in old timey dinosaur movies!  Nowadays you don't ever see him.  In honor of everybody's favorite sailback, lets play a game! 

Name that Dimetrodon!
Post an image of a Dimetrodon, and next user guesses which film (toy/book/game) that it came from.  Then that person posts an image!  Here is one of my favs:

Gwangi

"The Lost World" from 1960.  8)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 11, 2016, 07:01:02 PM
"The Lost World" from 1960.  8)

I think it's actually from 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' if I am not mistaken.

Heres one from me in case I'm correct:

Derek.McManus

My guess for the first picture is ' Journey to the centre of the earth' as for the second I have absolutely no idea!

CityRaptor

Yes, the Iguana Dimetrodon is from "Journey to the Centre of the Earth".

Gwangi's is from Unknown Island.

Silvanusaurus' is from The Age of Dinosaurs: A Photographic Record

Quote from: Nobs on August 11, 2016, 05:59:07 PM
Dimetrodon used to be an all-star in old timey dinosaur movies!  Nowadays you don't ever see him.
Probably due to Spinosaurus being the "new Sailback" rather than accuracy. 

So here is mine:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Shoot, you guys are right. I am ashamed.  :'( I must go now, and wander the wastelands to reflect on where life has taken me.

Nobs

So here is mine:

No clue on that one!  It kind of reminds me of the wacky costumes you see on that Japanese game show "Wipeout"

Here's another dimetrodon

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.