News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ichnology

Started by Tyrannosauron, September 09, 2016, 02:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosauron

I've recently started doing some research on ichnotaxa and ichnology and couldn't find any threads here dedicated to the subject, so I figured I might as well start one.

First of all, I'm loving this book right now: It's got some great research and an incredibly helpful introduction.

Second, I was wondering if anyone could help with a literature search. I've been looking for work that's been done on mammoth footprints (Proboscipeda enigmatica) and there isn't much that's available in English. Does anyone have access to any relevant papers? If so, thanks in advance!

DinoLord

I'm only halfway through Anthony Martin's book on the subject but have found it quite captivating.

As for your research inquiry, seems like references are quite... enigmatic. I know the blogger (a graduate student) at A Dinosaur A Day did a post series on dinosaur ichnofossils not too long ago, some quite obscure. Perhaps she'd have some insight.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: DinoLord on September 09, 2016, 02:55:21 AM
I'm only halfway through Anthony Martin's book on the subject but have found it quite captivating.
As for your research inquiry, seems like references are quite... enigmatic. I know the blogger (a graduate student) at A Dinosaur A Day did a post series on dinosaur ichnofossils not too long ago, some quite obscure. Perhaps she'd have some insight.

Awesome resource--thanks! I'll have to e-mail her for some leads.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.