News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Terrific Dinosaur book

Started by Dilopho, October 24, 2016, 02:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

IT'S BAD.

IT'S REALLY BAD.

This is a DK "educational" book. For little children.
It uses photographs of inaccurate models. It is mis-informed.
Look.

Here's an example of something very wrong:

On the next page this Spinosaurus inflates the sail to normal size. I'm pretty sure bones can't inflate and deflate at will.

Nanuqsaurus

Maybe that Spinosaurus can break its own bones, like that frog that breaks its own fingers and goes into full Wolverine mode.

Dilopho

I can't find another screenshot of the book but when I read it it called Pteranodon a "diving dinosaur".

After these three animals featured they just give up and show some random herbivores and carnivores.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2016, 03:53:48 PM
I can't find another screenshot of the book but when I read it it called Pteranodon a "diving dinosaur".

After these three animals featured they just give up and show some random herbivores and carnivores.

So it should be called ''My Terrible Dinosaur Book'' instead?

Dilopho

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on October 24, 2016, 04:48:59 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2016, 03:53:48 PM

So it should be called ''My Terrible Dinosaur Book'' instead?
Maybe
My Papo Dinosaur Book
Learn a wrong sentence about two amazing dinosaurs

stargatedalek

I didn't know DK still existed, at least this is no longer good enough to actually trick people into thinking it's good information like their older publications did.

HD-man

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 24, 2016, 05:01:59 PMat least this is no longer good enough to actually trick people into thinking it's good information like their older publications did.

You'd be surprised how easily tricked some ppl are: https://www.amazon.com/My-Terrific-Dinosaur-Book-Publishing/dp/0756637570
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Dilopho

Wait what?!? There's a version with a sound chip?!?

"Guys you know that dinosaur book we made?"
"The one where we just took some photos of toys, made up some facts and called it a day?"
"Yeah that one"
"What about it?"
"Let's make a new version.....that screams at you."

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 24, 2016, 05:01:59 PM
I didn't know DK still existed, at least this is no longer good enough to actually trick people into thinking it's good information like their older publications did.

Those at least had some original models, not just some badly photoshopped toys.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

RaptorRex

Ouch, that's pretty bad. Hard to believe that these are the same publishers who did that rather well-done Prehistoric Life coffee table book...

Daspletotyrannus

Man you find out something new every day. I didn't know that about Spinosaurus.  What other information about dinosaurs dose the book have in it. Lol 

Dilopho

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 25, 2016, 08:47:32 AM
Man you find out something new every day. I didn't know that about Spinosaurus.  What other information about dinosaurs dose the book have in it. Lol
Well apart from this completely made-up fact about Spinosaurus, they have....nothing else but basic facts and descriptions. It sucks.

JL4Raptor

This is terrible... exactly the kind of book my son would pick up and read and believe completely and it's not even the truth

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.