News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Christmas Hauls for yourself OR Gifts to Others

Started by deanm, December 24, 2016, 03:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

It seems rather appropriate given the time of the year, so I figured I would start out the thread.

Although it is a bit early - in this case I bought myself a Christmas gift way back in the summer. The Favorite Burgess Shale Set. I did wrap them up and write a "to and from" tag.  Rather silly, but we do have to have some sort of fun in life. 😀

And for those who do not celebrate Christmas, I hope you're you have a nice and relaxed Dec 25 and all the best for your 2017 collecting! 😀

Pawnosuchus

I always treat myself to at least one figure every Christmas.  My overall purchases have declined somewhat as I've grown older.  This year I bought the Wild Safari Einosaurus.  A nice addition to my garage prehistoric world.  I can rest assured that I'll get at least one present I like.  Merry Christmas to all the forum members.  May all your collections grow this year.

SBell

I got myself the Rays of the World book for Christmas this year. It helps to work in a bookstore...it is massive, with a price to match. But I did have it in hand a day before the official release date!

deanm

Aside from the Favorite Burgess Shale set, my wife surprised me with a Pterosaur toy figure also. The Scheilch Brown & Gray Mini-fig Quetzalcoatalus. She told me that she spent a lot of time looking at my collection to make sure that I did not have that one - and she was correct (i do have the white version - but I am very happy to add the new paint version to the pterosaur aviary).

I also got a Bigfoot Christmas ornament.  Bigfoot wearing a Santa hat and a light string of bulbs.  BTW, I do not believe in Bigfoot (as the science/ecology/requirements/etc does not support it) - though it would be neat if a large unknown to science primate did exist.  I just love watching the Animal Planet "Finding Bigfoot" show because the science is so poorly done.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

deanm

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: deanm on December 25, 2016, 06:27:44 PM
A nice "haul" of figures. 😀

Congrats

I didn't read the title of this thread right, I didn't get these for myself, my parents got them for me...

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 25, 2016, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on December 25, 2016, 06:14:57 PM
Heres what I got.

Those are all just from Christmas? Wowzers! Nice.

My parents always get me a bunch of figures for Christmas. Its awesome. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.