News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC PARK alternate ending

Started by dragon53, January 31, 2017, 05:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

JURASSIC PARK---storyboard art shows the unfilmed alternate ending to the original movie. Dr. Grant and the kids escape the pursuing Tyrannosaurus by boarding a helicopter. With Grant on the helicopter's landing skid, the Tyrannosaurus grabs the landing skid with its jaws as Grant gets on the helicopter. The T-Rex then makes a final lunge at the helicopter as it rises to safety.

DinoLord

Thanks for sharing; I'd actually never heard of this before. However I'm glad they went with the ending they did. It's one of the things that makes JP so iconic for me.

MLMjp

Quote from: DinoLord on January 31, 2017, 07:16:34 PM
Thanks for sharing; I'd actually never heard of this before. However I'm glad they went with the ending they did. It's one of the things that makes JP so iconic for me.
Me too. Never heard of this ending. I have heard of the one where there´s no T.rex final scene and it is Hammond who rescues Grant and company from the raptors. But I agree that the final ending of the movie is definently the best and the most iconic.

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: MLMjp on January 31, 2017, 08:20:45 PM
Me too. Never heard of this ending. I have heard of the one where there´s no T.rex final scene and it is hammond who rescues Grant and company from the raptors. But I agree that the final ending of the movie is definently the best and the most iconic.

I completely agree! While seeing Hammond confront and destroy the creatures he so dearly loved would have been not only awesome but also incredibly tragic, the ending we got is just perfect.
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

Neosodon

Any ending would be better than the ending in the book. In the book Hammond dies. All the dinosaurs are killed and the island is taken over by the military and there is no hope of the park ever making a comeback.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Neosodon on February 01, 2017, 02:20:15 AM
Any ending would be better than the ending in the book. In the book Hammond dies. All the dinosaurs are killed and the island is taken over by the military and there is no hope of the park ever making a comeback.

Though if I recall correctly it is strongly implied that some dinosaurs escaped the island and are making there way across the jungles of South America.

SpartanSquat

And dont remember the stupid Trex death in the novel

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.