News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Fossil Live Birth

Started by suspsy, February 14, 2017, 10:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38971504?SThisFB

Very cool! I confess that I had not even heard of Dinocephalosaurus before. ::)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

While the first Archosauromorph example, it is not an uncommon adaptation in aquatic Saurians.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Cloud the Dinosaur King

It looks a lot like a Tanystropheus but its neck is not as elongated.

GasmaskMax

Cool discovery. But even though dinocehalosaurus looks more specialized than tanystropheus, is it possible it may have been still semiaquatic? If so, than this live birth could imply that some other early archosaurs might have carried this characteristic as oppose to it being an adaptation for fully aquatic life.

CrypticPrism

Ah, good 'ole dinocephalosaurus has some time in the spotlight.

I have loved dinocephalosaurus for a while. I didn't know it was aquatic, though.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.