News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

new bought ITOY dilophosaurus

Started by vmi, March 08, 2017, 02:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

There is no need for two of the exact same posts and threads.

Fenestra

What a nice figure! I like it!
The head looks very detailed and the paint job looks top notch.
Congrats.

BlueKrono

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on March 08, 2017, 02:37:24 PM
There is no need for two of the exact same posts and threads.

Not quite. Look at the arm. But I agree, it's still redundant.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mirroraptor

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

terrorchicken

I love it! great replica of the JP dilophosaurus(its got no frill but I think it makes it look better!)

spinosaurus1

really digging the colors on this guy

acro-man

where did you buy it sir?
I don't seem to find it anywhere in the internet. :o
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Derek.McManus

It's a handsome looking creature very sinuous in appearance!

vmi

Quote from: acro-man on March 10, 2017, 07:26:40 AM
where did you buy it sir?
I don't seem to find it anywhere in the internet. :o

ebay.

i bought the last one. and the shipment is from china.

acro-man

I got mine, they are widely available on Taobao now.
Species: Sinosaurus (Dilophosaurus Sinensis)
Head: Nice eyes. The upper jaw is missing the dent in the front.
Articulation: jaw is really hard to open
Hands: Sadly, pronated.
Stability: can not stand on its own
Base: roughly painted, especially the grass
Price: $25
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

BlueKrono

No dent on the upper jaw? So more of a JP Dilopho then. Hey, everything appeals to someone.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fenestra

The dent in the jaw and pronated hands are unfortunate, but I sure like that base, especially the rippling water. That's a nice touch.
I would interpret the grass to be moss. And moss can be pretty bright green, so it wouldn't bother me that much.
If anything, it gives a nice contrast. 

You say yours can't stand on its own, but vmi shows photos of his Dilo standing without the base just fine.
So I guess some are lucky to receive one that can stand off base and others are not?
What's new..... ::)

Bucklander

Quote from: Fenestra on April 04, 2017, 08:14:58 PM
... but I sure like that base, especially the rippling water. That's a nice touch...

I agree, but...   water (and any other type of) wave doesn't flow that way. How it curves around the bank, would only make sense if the point of origin was actually somewhere underneath the Dilophosaurus, at the centre of the concentric circles.

Possibly, the waves are meant to be caused by the Dilophosaurus, stepping onto the moist bank, but even so, having feet, and not a peg leg, there should be interference patterns (unless, maybe he/she - the Dilophosaurus - just pushed a stick into the ground, or dropped a stone lol).

Still, a great looking figure/base, despite its inaccuracies.

Fenestra

Quote from: Bucklander on April 05, 2017, 01:12:53 AM
Quote from: Fenestra on April 04, 2017, 08:14:58 PM
... but I sure like that base, especially the rippling water. That's a nice touch...

I agree, but...   water (and any other type of) wave doesn't flow that way. How it curves around the bank, would only make sense if the point of origin was actually somewhere underneath the Dilophosaurus, at the centre of the concentric circles.

You're totally right!
Now I can't unsee it!  ;D

sauroid

i dont mind the "inaccurate" ripple of the water but the no dent mouth is kinda bugging me. oh well.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Possibly, the waves are meant to be caused by the Dilophosaurus, stepping onto the moist bank, but even so, having feet, and not a peg leg, there should be interference patterns (unless, maybe he/she - the Dilophosaurus - just pushed a stick into the ground, or dropped a stone lol).
Couldn't this also be the ripples "reflecting" off the bank after an abnormally large splash hit it?

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 05, 2017, 04:53:05 PM

Couldn't this also be the ripples "reflecting" off the bank after an abnormally large splash hit it?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.