You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jeremy's Modest collection (just added "the big guy")

Started by jweber26, July 21, 2012, 11:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jweber26

Such beautiful and impressive collections on here! Here is my very modest collection. I've only recently started collecting figures (Papo for now) but my collection started when I was quite young.

When I was 2nd grade, I found this large rock in my grandparents' yard. There were 3 strange creatures on it. I was fascinated! I already knew about dinosaurs but this is where I first learned about fossils and trilobites.

This rock as 3 Trilobite fossils on it with the largest being just over 1" long.

These fossils I found in my mid teens at my father's house. This fossil shell I found right in his gravel driveway as I got out of my car.

Also from my fathers yard. On one side you can see half of a spiral shell. I don't know what is on the other side though. I always figured it was some type of fossilized plant? Keep in mind these were all found in Wisconsin which was under water.

Anyone know what these impressions are from???

This rock also has similar impressions:

Here is a 3.5" Meg tooth I picked up at an antique shop in northern WI. The owner knew nothing about it.

A resin Jurassic Park Velociraptor claw:

My little Papo collection. I have a few more figures coming with the Brachiosaurus when he finally ships.

I completely forgot to add my recent acquisition. This was totally my wife's find and idea. Picked this up at the wall. He weighs about 18-lbs. and comes off the wall about 24". Very reasonably priced as well - 1/2 of what I've seen the only one online going for. The paint job is VERY generic though and they didn't even bother painting inside the mouth. Perhaps one day I'll tackle repainting it.

Of course this pales in comparison to my 3-yr old daughters collection of Imaginex, Animal planet, Carnegie & chinasaurus collection!

Gwangi

The "plant" in the one fossil actually appears to be coral. Those other fossils you asked about are crinoid stems which I also find frequently here in NY. Welcome to the site! You have a great collection so far and I'm particularly envious of the "Jaws" memorabilia, "Jaws" actually being my absolute favorite movie (and most people probably though it was Jurassic Park).

jweber26

Ah! Crinoid stems, yep, I could see that! Glad to finally know what I had in there. I'm a huge Jaws fan myself too. I was obsessed with that movie as a kid. Very excited for the BluRay release this summer!

Gwangi

Quote from: jweber26 on July 22, 2012, 02:03:00 AM
Ah! Crinoid stems, yep, I could see that! Glad to finally know what I had in there. I'm a huge Jaws fan myself too. I was obsessed with that movie as a kid. Very excited for the BluRay release this summer!

I don't do Bluray unfortunately.  :-\ I'm still stuck on DVD's. After seeing your Jaws stuff though you had me looking at more on eBay...probably a bad idea.

tyrantqueen

tanystropheus

Sweet collection!--The fossils also give the collection an authentic look and feel  :)...I also began my collection with Papos, and then proceeded to add Scheichs, and Safari Ltd. models. Papo's are still my favorite, though (... I used to collect DR's as a kid)....the Jaws piece...is that N.E.C.A?

amargasaurus cazaui

Nice collection. I like the fossils, and wondered, is that a generation one targetmaster hiding back in the background there? Looks like one of the original transformers, but not sure which
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

Lovely collection Jeremy!  Those fossils are really cool! :))

Roselaar

Looking good! Nice fossils. And as always, excellent Paposaurs.

jweber26

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 22, 2012, 03:23:46 AM
Sweet collection!--The fossils also give the collection an authentic look and feel  :)...I also began my collection with Papos, and then proceeded to add Scheichs, and Safari Ltd. models. Papo's are still my favorite, though (... I used to collect DR's as a kid)....the Jaws piece...is that N.E.C.A?

Thank you everyone.

The Jaws piece is from the old McFarlane Movie Maniacs line.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1707

It's crazy, I saw at Spencers when it first came out and instantly had to have it. I think it was $20 or $30. Now you can't find them anywhere for under $100.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score on the bust ! I have one as well painted a little differently. It's easily the best mass produced tyrannosaur bust out there, but there is a reason for that. It's a cast ( probably an illegal one ) from Tony McVey's big 1/5 Rex :

jweber26

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 23, 2012, 06:42:00 PM
Nice score on the bust ! I have one as well painted a little differently. It's easily the best mass produced tyrannosaur bust out there, but there is a reason for that. It's a cast ( probably an illegal one ) from Tony McVey's big 1/5 Rex :

Sure enough. That's a shame on the recast (specially if illegal). It sure is pretty though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: jweber26 on July 23, 2012, 09:27:12 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 23, 2012, 06:42:00 PM

Sure enough. That's a shame on the recast (specially if illegal). It sure is pretty though.

It's long out of production anyway so  I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot.  I heartily agree..Tony's pieces are really nice and thusly so is the recast. :)

reidak12

jweber26

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.