News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Anything about dinosaur eggs !!!

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 24, 2012, 10:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 27, 2017, 05:26:01 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 23, 2017, 02:51:19 AM
A nice birthday present from mother, chosen at my current show this weekend.....A flattened and likely partial or even hatched Saltasaurus egg from South America......I was surprised to find this one available at a fairly reasonable price.

Interesting. You should examine it to know if there're embrio bones inside.
Embryonic bones within an egg are rarer than you might assume given the short window there is between the solidification of bone structures within the egg,  and the hatching event . It requires the chance occurrence of events where the chick is nearly formed and almost ready to hatch, and then some event occurring, which makes the egg become compromised. If the animal inside is allowed to decay, and there is no venting of the gases, it can make the egg distort badly or halve, or worse. All this then also assumes the inner contents are not solid enough to be carried off and consumed by some smaller predator ...wether bird, lizard or even ants. I still find myself looking over the shelled remains in hopes of spotting some shapes ,but it would indeed be a rare occurrence.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen