News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Post your random Prehistoric Encounter here!

Started by Lanthanotus, March 24, 2017, 11:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello everyone,

few days ago I ran across some company's lorry which had a Trike printed on its side. I had the idea to snapshot it and upload it ehre for a new thread where everyone can just show off pics of dinosaurs and other prehistoric stuff that you meet by chance somewhere, in the news, a graffitti, a t-shirt, a corporate identity, a coffee mug, you name it.

Well, I missed to snapshot the lorry as I was in a hurry, but I found this picture in my files. It's from the museum in Perth, four years ago. They had decorated the Carnotaurus with a bridal veil because they had an exhibition running about bride's fashion.

ZoPteryx

^ The Carnotaurus Bride, coming to book retailers soon...  ;)

There's this strip mall I've driven by a million times, but have never gone into until the other day.  I was trying to navigate the crowded parking lot when suddenly I had to do a double take.  "Did I just see Megalodon jaws on the corner?!"

Amazingly, I had!  Turns out, during construction of the shopping center, there were numerous paleontological finds which the owners graciously turned over to scientists.  Around the corner, there was a cast of the skull of Mixocetus found at the site, only the second of its kind!

I was also surprised to discover that the info on the signs was generally quite good!  ;D  There was additional signage I failed to photograph (it was on small pillars you had to walk around) that explained the history behind these specimens.

Lanthanotus

Oh I almost thought the thread dead by birth :D ....

... but that chance find of your's is really nice.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.