News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor 1:35 "Tyrannosaurus rex" Vanilla Ice

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", November 29, 2017, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

I will be interested to compare the Vanilla Ice to the Killer Queen, considering they're supposed to be the same scale. Rebor sells the Vanilla as a T.rex, but it is obviously meant to represent the Vastatosaurus rex of Skull Island, which is a MUCH larger tyrannosaurid than the genuine T. rex, but I expect the two figures will be roughly the same size.

I love the Vanillas, and bought both colorations. I know some folks have issues with the Rebor "pebbledashed" skin texture, but for the V.rex this is correct, because the design of the movie dinosaur is meant to conjure the Willis O'Brien/Ray Harryhausen movie dinosaurs of the cinema past. I have the Playmates V.rex and it features the same "pebbledashed" texture. Really the only thing the Rebor version is missing the V.rex tail club, a small nitpick, in my opinion. When I get the Killer Queen T.rex, I will take the Playmates V.rex down off the shelf and compare all three.

Syndicate Bias

Although I'm not into collecting alot of movie dinos I have to agree that vanilla ice hits the mark. I thought I wouldn't like it as much but I did and it's one of my favourites

tanystropheus

And, the "King Kong" model also looks quite handsome and will make for a great set (alongside the Vanilla Ice)! REBOR is on a roll  :)

Over9K

Was headed out for a drive through the Smokys at Golden Hour and grabbed the Jungle color V.rex on my way out the door... took some pretty cool shots...

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Over9K

Quote from: Mellow Stego on June 05, 2020, 05:21:13 AM
avatar_Over9K @Over9K  Beautiful pics!

Thank you! Got some looks from tourists pulling into that overlook while I was getting them!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2020, 11:23:03 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2020, 06:29:32 AM
Very nice!  You in TN?

I am indeed.

I'm in Northeast TN, our Dinosaur Park is in Bluff City. TN. If you eve get a chance stop in for a visit!

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Over9K on April 10, 2019, 05:44:53 AM
I will be interested to compare the Vanilla Ice to the Killer Queen, considering they're supposed to be the same scale. Rebor sells the Vanilla as a T.rex, but it is obviously meant to represent the Vastatosaurus rex of Skull Island, which is a MUCH larger tyrannosaurid than the genuine T. rex, but I expect the two figures will be roughly the same size.

I love the Vanillas, and bought both colorations. I know some folks have issues with the Rebor "pebbledashed" skin texture, but for the V.rex this is correct, because the design of the movie dinosaur is meant to conjure the Willis O'Brien/Ray Harryhausen movie dinosaurs of the cinema past. I have the Playmates V.rex and it features the same "pebbledashed" texture. Really the only thing the Rebor version is missing the V.rex tail club, a small nitpick, in my opinion. When I get the Killer Queen T.rex, I will take the Playmates V.rex down off the shelf and compare all three.

What tail club?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on June 08, 2020, 02:28:21 AM

What tail club?

The Playmates toys had a sort of oblong ball of scales a the very end of the tail, I cant recall if the film ones had it or not.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 08, 2020, 04:33:28 AM
Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on June 08, 2020, 02:28:21 AM

What tail club?

The Playmates toys had a sort of oblong ball of scales a the very end of the tail, I cant recall if the film ones had it or not.

They do, and it's not large, like Ankylosaurus or anything, but it is there. Like the Playmates toys, the film version "club" is apparent in the vertical elevation, not just the profile. The Rebor model does have the shape in the profile view, just not in the vertical elevation. Like I said, a small nitpick.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 07, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 07, 2020, 11:23:03 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2020, 06:29:32 AM
Very nice!  You in TN?

I am indeed.

I'm in Northeast TN, our Dinosaur Park is in Bluff City. TN. If you eve get a chance stop in for a visit!

Nice, always looking for a good dinosaur park destination for a nice drive!

Over9K

Last time it was Jungle, this time Mountain gets a little camera time... sharp-eyed viewers will note I've reversed all the images, to flip the pose...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.