News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Commissions, how do they work?

Started by Reptilia, May 12, 2017, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I was thinking about contacting an artist for a repaint, but how does it work? How can I contact Martin Garratt, for example? And is it expensive? I know it depends on which figure you want to be repainted, but I'm not into kits or high-end products, I'd be up for a simple Papo repaint.

stargatedalek

I don't know how Martin Garratt does it, but most people you would just contact them and ask for a quote.

Megalosaurus

In 2014 I asked Martin Garratt to repaint my Collecta Mosasaurus. He said:

QuoteI would charge £20.00 GBP to repaint it and £5.00 GBP to create a base for it.

I contacted him by personal message of this same forum.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

amargasaurus cazaui

Martin can be reached here by message or through deviantart, or facebook. He generally can estimate a job before he touches it and once finished he normally provides approval pictures for you to make sure you are happy with the finished result. He is highly professional, and he has never, not once ever botched a job I have given him, and I will tell you firsthand, he has done a lot of work for me. I simply could not have better things to say about his professionalism, abilities and overall offering.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Simon

Martin's services are remarkably inexpensive for the amazing quality of his artwork.  The only trouble is the overseas shipping costs (for those of us in the USA).  They make it prohibitively expensive to send him larger pieces (for which his artistic services are otherwise very reasonable).  If he was in the USA I would have had him paint up many of my models.

As it is in 2014 I had him create a couple of 1/40 scale dioramas using some figures that I had customized.  They are absolutely amazing and I love gazing at them every day ...

pako

Like a Papo Brown Running T-Rex repaint ? hehe

Reptilia

No, I was actually thinking to either an Allosaurus as close as possible to the stock photo, or an Acrocanthosaurus with an adjusted colour scheme, which should be full purple with more orange striping patterns along the body. Thanks for all responses and suggestions.

ZoPteryx

I had been wondering some of these things as well.  Thanks for starting this thread, Reptilia, it has been extremely helpful.  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.