You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My First Ever Repaint (Papo Feathered Velociraptor)

Started by IrritatorRaji, May 28, 2017, 09:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Custom painted a model for the first time ever, was a gift for a friends 18th.  :))

I didn't expect to have fun with it, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Images my friend sent me after she got the figure (had to be shipped from England to the Netherlands)

Character used:

Jetdin

very nice repaint raji!
my first and probably only repaint, is the of the dinosaur you see as my signature !

BlueKrono

Nice work! What is the color scheme pic from? Looks like Deviantart.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

IrritatorRaji

@Jetdin

Thank you very much! I take it your first repaint is a Brachiosaurus? What company is it from, it looks awesome :D

@BlueKrono

Thank you :D I think the Ref pic is from Deviantart but it's uploaded in St.ash.  :)

Nanuqsaurus

Ah, an orange dinosaur, the perfect gift for a true Dutchman! :P He's very lucky to have a figure like that. I always wondered what the Papo velociraptor would look like in different colors. Mine is rather glossy, but I don't have the courage to repaint such an expensive figure. Hope to see more repaints from you soon, good luck!

Derek.McManus

BlueKrono

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 28, 2017, 04:43:33 PM
@Jetdin

Thank you very much! I take it your first repaint is a Brachiosaurus? What company is it from, it looks awesome :D

@BlueKrono

Thank you :D I think the Ref pic is from Deviantart but it's uploaded in St.ash.  :)

I was just wondering if it was something the recipient was familiar with, or just a random found picture. It almost looks like a character from something. You see a lot of furry anthropomorphoids on DA that have a similar style to this one.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 29, 2017, 12:13:19 AM
@Jetdin

@BlueKrono

I was just wondering if it was something the recipient was familiar with, or just a random found picture. It almost looks like a character from something. You see a lot of furry anthropomorphoids on DA that have a similar style to this one.

Oh no no no don't worry, the person I made this for owns this character :D

BlueKrono

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 29, 2017, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on May 29, 2017, 12:13:19 AM
@Jetdin

@BlueKrono

Oh no no no don't worry, the person I made this for owns this character :D

That's cool. Is it a character from something, like a story or roleplaying game, or is it just an illustration?

Jetdin

@Jetdin

@BlueKrono

it is of a resin kit of an argentinosaurus made by MO models

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 29, 2017, 10:22:17 AM

That's cool. Is it a character from something, like a story or roleplaying game, or is it just an illustration?

Nah it's just an OC (original character). Like, my friend uses it to represent herself on DeviantART.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.