You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

[Chinasaurs reborn 07] Bathtub's works 2012-2016

Started by acro-man, July 02, 2017, 11:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

This gateway between Chinese sculptors and this lovable forum is opened in the hope that more Chinese models can be shared and enjoyed worldwide.
And this continuous series is called [Chinasaurs reborn]

Yang Yang aka. Bathtub is one of my favorite dinosaur sculptors from China.
He's shown great potential with progressively improved techniques over a few years.
Though young, he is half retired.
Let's have a look at a short summary of his dinosaur sculpts.

2012 Acrocanthosaurus

2014 Jack the T-rex

2014 Majungasaurus

2015 Majungasaurus2.0

2015 Torvosaurus

2016 Acrocanthosaurus2.0

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Kaprosaurus

acro-man

Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 02, 2017, 12:30:26 PM
Is Jack available?

Sorry. All of them are sold out, because Chinese model kits are always LIMITED.
Sometime earlier I saw a pre-owned one listed in the salted fish secondhand market.
The price reaches 500 bucks. :-[
喜欢收集和P图

Kaprosaurus

ceratopsian

Bathtub has talent. I love some of the colour schemes, especially the Majungasaurus 2.0, the 2015 Torvosaurus in orange with striped tail; and the 2016 Acrocanthosaurus 2.0. Beautiful work.

BlueKrono

The Torvosaurus paint scheme looks suspiciously similar to the Kaiyodo Suchomimus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

I really like both Majungasaurus. All of them are nice.

Simon

I've never seen any of his works before today, thanks for posting.  They are VERY impressive, especially that very stylized TRex, which must be HUGE since that's the Krentz Sideshow TRex (or is it the adult Shinzen TRex?) next to it in one of the photos?

acro-man

Quote from: Simon on July 03, 2017, 03:09:12 AM
I've never seen any of his works before today, thanks for posting.  They are VERY impressive, especially that very stylized TRex, which must be HUGE since that's the Krentz Sideshow TRex (or is it the adult Shinzen TRex?) next to it in one of the photos?

Yes, that's a Krentz Sideshow T-rex.
It was used as a benchmark in the making of Jack when Bathtub needed to practice the fundementals of sculpting as a beginner.
喜欢收集和P图

AcroSauroTaurus

Those are absolutely beautiful. Especially the Acro's and Torvo.
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Did the Majung really have a crazy crest on its nose like in that 2.0 version?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

WarrenJB

Amazing progress.

Quote from: acro-man on July 03, 2017, 06:39:45 AM
It was used as a benchmark in the making of Jack when Bathtub needed to practice the fundementals of sculpting as a beginner.

Woah. :o

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.