News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Not Enough Different Models!

Started by QuetzalcoatlusKing, July 05, 2017, 04:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who needs more love?

Terror Birds.
2 (13.3%)
Mammoths, Wolly Rhinos, ect.
2 (13.3%)
Dimetrodon and Pre-dino Creatures.
7 (46.7%)
Pterasaurus.
2 (13.3%)
Edestus, Megladon, Extinct Sharks.
1 (6.7%)
None of the Above
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

QuetzalcoatlusKing

Who do you think needs love? Be specific if you can.

Lanthanotus

I'd like to vote for more than one... in fact, Terrorbirds and other ratites are well underrepresented (I'd like to see a decent Moa or such, even if "just" recently extinct)... also, while there's tons of Dimetrodon figures from very bad/poor to excellent, there's almost nothing else from that time period. So I'd like to see the Dimetrodon separated from all the peer in its era in regard of the topic.

BlueKrono

Nobody's ever made even one Pterosaurus figure.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mamasaurus

Prehistoric animals that are not dinosaurs generally don't get enough attention, regardless of time period.  To the general public, prehistoric earth is something like The Land Before Time.  A desert, volcanic landscape with the occasional "great valley" of lush forest of swamp.  Dinosaurs, giant bugs, "pteradactyls", frogs, turtles, and lizards, but not much else.  If it's not a dinosaur, it seems most generally think of dimetrodon, wooly mammoths, or "saber-tooth tigers". 

There are so many more fascinating animals that never get attention.  I'd especially like to see some of the non-dinosaur animals of the Triassic period, or anything from the Permian and beyond. :D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Ravonium

I accidentally voted before I could finish my comment. I voted for Terror Birds, and here is my full comment:

"Out of all the options on this poll. I feel that this is the single most underrepresented of them all. Only a small handful of terror bird figures have ever been made and most of them are retired. I don't just want to see more terror bird figures, but also other extinct birds."

OpalornisHuali

For sure non-dinosaur tetrapods! Early archosaurs in  particular are rather obscure..

ZoPteryx

My comment:
"There are so many different varieties of bizarre pterosaurs, and yet only a tiny fraction have ever been made, and an even tinier fraction of those are reasonably accurate!"

Of course, the same could be said for just about any non-dinosaurian prehistoric creatures.  And as we all know, even the dinos suffer on a regular basis.

Neosodon

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

QuetzalcoatlusKing

So it seems Permian Era Creatures are winning. This includes the Dimetrodonts. In this category I have also decided to include Non-Dinosaur Triassic animals. Permian and Triassic animals are taking the lead!!!!!1  8) 8) 8) 8) Yayyyyy

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!