News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

3D Dino Puzzles

Started by UnconventionalDad, July 12, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnconventionalDad

If anyone with young kids don't know about these 3d dino puzzles, wow, the kids love them!

You can break them into 18 parts or so, or leave them in 3 or 4 main sections and then the legs and head...

She's 3 in august and has loved these since xmas! (he was old enough to not lose the pieces by the time we got them, she was much younger...add to that the pieces, if they are on the ground, often look like dried playdoh, and well...we are re-stocking our dino puzzles!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdHGunr6SPU&index=1&list=PLmdYJT8JBWQv2xJuxPWIaNxe5Pnl5wetI

(just do an amazon search of 3d dino puzzle eggs...some are mini)

here's a time lapse of him building some previously :)  (he wanted to make a fast motion video, i figured this was the way to do it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4WN0o8x8I&index=9&list=PLmdYJT8JBWQv2xJuxPWIaNxe5Pnl5wetI

BlueKrono

I've got the Acro, Amarga and plesiosaur.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

sauroid

very nice Fame Master 4D puzzles. i have all of them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

I have a tonne of them, as well as many non-dinos. They easily fit in as excellent replicas alongside other figures when together, and can be a pretty decent challenge when apart (the Nautilus is an esecially grievous pain the butt).

My son still likes to build them--but he challenges himself by taking a whole bunch apart, mixing them up, and then slowly rebuilding them. It can take a while...

BrontoScorpio

I got few back then ...
If I remember correctly - each came inside an egg.
There are some bigger ones that came inside  a sea shell.

Roselaar

Famemaster's large anatomy puzzles are really worthwhile as well, though maybe a bit graphic for younger kids. Though surely educational.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.