News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

the dinosaur collector site

Started by sauroid, July 08, 2012, 11:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

is the dinosaur collector site still around? ive been trying to open it during the past couple of days. i hope it is just temporarily offline. it would be too bad if it's gone. it has helped me ID some figures in the past.  :'(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

It is down for me too. Randy, who runs the site, is a member of the dinosaur toy forum, so he might see this thread and fix the problem. I hope it comes back soon!
www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/

Roselaar

Still down. Hope nothing serious is going on... :-/

stemturtle

Our dear friend DC is back on line.  Dinosaur Collector Site B is retired, but Site A is available at this link:
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

DinoToyForum

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

What was the difference between the two sites - were they just mirrors of each other?

stemturtle

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 10, 2012, 09:05:54 PM
Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

What was the difference between the two sites - were they just mirrors of each other?

Randy, help us out here.  Site A showed dioramas by location.  Site B was dioramas by period or manufacturer.  I saved printouts that are 10 years old now.  What does that make me?

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Seijun

I am able to access both site A and site B.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DC

Hi,

I have stopped updating Site B but I am paid up until next year so it will be up on the rare occasions the hosting company actually does what I pay them for.  The new Site A, which was the original name I used for the AOL site is being updated.  The hosting company I think was bought and even though I pay for support they do not answer emails or pick up the phones.  I picked a better known company this time around.  I want to rewrite my old stuff anyway with a new format using the new features in html5.  Thanks to stemturtle for letting me know about the thread.  Posted new pictures with Morrison.

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/

I have been trying out new ways of organizing the old collectors pages.

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/companies.htm

thanks Randy
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

Glad to see nothing serious happened. The dinosaur collector site has often been of great use to me, and I hope it will remain useful in the future.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.