News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

dinosaur museums in europe

Started by dyno77, November 01, 2020, 07:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyno77

small question ,are they any other major museums with dinosaurs in europe apart from the following natural history museums in Berlin ,Stuttgart,Frankfurt,paris and london...?
Iv seen these main museum displays before and i only mean major museums with lots of fossils,not small exhibits...
Im aware of some smaller museums but alot of these arent worth revisiting unlike larger museums...

Fenestra

For the Netherlands I can recommend Naturalis museum in Leiden and Oertijdmuseum in Boxtel.
The museum in Boxtel is tiny but I really enjoyed the park outside with all the life size statues.

Crackington

In the UK quite a few of our old universities have excellent collections, the Grant Museum at UCL in London and Oxford's Natural History Museum spring to mind. I've never seen so many trilobites in one place as are on display in Cambridge's Sedgwick Museum.

I also understand that there's a certain museum attached to Nottingham University which our own Dr Admin might be able to tell you about 😉

postsaurischian

I love the Aathal Museum in Zürich, Switzerland.
And I really enjoyed the Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano in Milan, Italy.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.