News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Protoceratops figurines.

Started by Acro's comics, September 09, 2017, 11:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acro's comics

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on any brands to have produced a Protoceratops.
Most of what I can find are figures of other Ceratopsians.

Thank you

:)

PaleoMatt

Kaiyodo has some really nice ones out there. But I remember hearing that they were no longer fully accurate, I'll wait to hear what others have to say.

RobinGoodfellow

Protoceratops figures

Safari Carnegie

Colorata

Geoworld

Carnage Resaurus Toyway

Kaiyodo UHA Club

Kinto/Favorite

Kanna Dinosaur Center

Kaiyodo

Matt Manit

Tyco

Favorite Mini Model

Sideshow

Safari Authentics

Aaron Doyle on Shapeways

Thunder Beasts

(..as suggested by Shonisaurus..)  Recur

Shonisaurus

Lacking among those figures the UKRD protoceratops is a figure we already know inaccurate but in a way within the dinosaur toy market one of the largest made in PVC.

I have one for twenty-eight years and is one of my favorite figures.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 10, 2017, 07:40:59 AM
Lacking among those figures the UKRD protoceratops is a figure we already know inaccurate but in a way within the dinosaur toy market one of the largest made in PVC.

This chubby one ?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 10, 2017, 07:46:16 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 10, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

This chubby one ?

Exactly, that. I know the figure is very wrong but I have a special appreciation since it was one of my first dinosaur figures after Invicta.

Shonisaurus

A figure of protoceratops that is available in the market is the protoceratops Recur. I had forgotten to say it. Acrofans Dinorama is hollow PVC filled with cotton.

It is a figure destined more to the children but I am an amateur collector I have it and the positive of those figures is that they are resistant to abrasions and are very light dinosaur toys. Although sincerely if you are interested in a detailed figure I advise you to buy a resin as indicated in your photos Robin and if not, buy for example a Japanese PVC miniature of Favorite (I mean protoceratops fighting against velociraptor), Kaiyodo dinotales or Colorata.

Halichoeres

There's also a little Protoceratops in Safari's Feathered Dinosaurs Toob:

That's probably the most affordable one right now. The Kaiyodo and Colorata ones are of course much nicer.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

acro-man

Here you go - the most comprehensive and allround Protoceratops by the mighty RobinGoodfellow  ;D

To be honest I had the same tough experience searching for good Protoceratops but eventually failed.
I almost throw my money for the Kanna and Favorite ones but their legs are just too long.
Protoceratops is no doubt an overlooked species and none of the existing ones on the market are any close to perfection imho.

So I will be waiting for an answer in the future, and I hope Safari will get it in their 2018 catalog.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

amargasaurus cazaui

That Mannit sculpt....hard to unsee that ear placement
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 10, 2017, 06:24:00 PM
That Mannit sculpt....hard to unsee that ear placement

..... and I still like it ;D.    (sorry, scientists)

X

I have the Geoworld one myself and it is below good quality. A bad paint job and shrink wrapping alongside a color scheme that is rather boring makes it a rather meh figure.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.