News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My self-made Glyptodon

Started by Bowhead Whale, September 22, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhead Whale

Hi! I already shown you my self-made Hallucigenia. Here is now my self-made Glyptodon. The belly is a piece of wood, covered with glued rabbit hair, the legs are made with the corks of soap bottles that I screwed underneath it. The back is a Cypraea Tigris shell that I glued on the top of it with silliccone. The tail is a painted Turitella shell. The head was sculpted in a piece of wood and painted, the ears being silliccone "balls" added on it. And this is how I made my own Glyptodon figure.

Lanthanotus

I like it.... looks very charming. Is it stable enough to be played with?

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 22, 2017, 08:15:01 PM
I like it.... looks very charming. Is it stable enough to be played with?

Yes! The legs are solidly screwed underneath, the head has been nailed on as well as glued, the tail is glued (by silliccone) on a basic piece of wood. And the Cypraea Tigris shell is, well, more solid than we may think.

ZoPteryx

That's really cool, very creative too!  :)

Jose S.M.

Bowhead Whale

Thank you! Next week, I will show you my self-made Anomalocaris.

Libraraptor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.