News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hi everyone!

Started by Coelophysis, September 24, 2017, 08:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coelophysis

I've been reading the DinoToyBlog and this forum for years now and decided on a whim to join up. I've been collecting dinosaur toys, books, movies, etc. since before I can remember and I've amassed a pretty huge collection. Sadly, two full totes of dinosaur toys were lost in a move a few years ago and I'm missing some of my strangest and coolest toys. That being said, I'm sure getting involved in the forums here will help me find equally interesting toys to fill in the gaps.

I'm currently a full-time student studying to become an evolutionary biologist. I've only been out of high school for a little over two years so I'm still pretty new to college, but you've gotta start somewhere!

My real name is Sophie and if you'd rather call me that than my username that's fine, I don't have a preference.

Looking forward to meeting lots of new people, hopefully it'll be as much fun as I'm hoping!

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to take the plunge and join up. :)

Jose S.M.

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy being an active member of the forum! I'm a biologist, but more in the ecology and conservation area.

PaleoMatt

Coelophysis

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 24, 2017, 08:37:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to take the plunge and join up. :)
Thank you!
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 24, 2017, 08:38:42 PM
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy being an active member of the forum! I'm a biologist, but more in the ecology and conservation area.
Thanks! Truth be told, I'd be happy working in any area of the life sciences or geology, I just decided to opt to evolutionary biology because that will give me the most leeway to explore all sorts of life! I wanted to do paleontology specifically, but I felt that would limit my ability to really go out into the field and study modern wildlife.
Quote from: PaleoMatt on September 24, 2017, 08:52:58 PM
Welcome!
Thanks!

Halichoeres

Welcome, Sophie! I'm just finishing my PhD in evolutionary biology. It's a long hard road, but they tell me it's worth it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 24, 2017, 09:47:21 PM
Welcome, Sophie! I'm just finishing my PhD in evolutionary biology. It's a long hard road, but they tell me it's worth it!

You tell us, was it worth it!?

There are quite a few evolutionary biology students and professionals (inc. palaeontologists) on the forum.

ZoPteryx

BlueKrono

Welcome! You never know, some of your old dino toys could have ended up with some of us! That's one of the things I love best about the forum - having other people to help you track down old treasures from your past.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Patrx

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 24, 2017, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 24, 2017, 09:47:21 PM

You tell us, was it worth it!?

Remains to be seen. I'll let you know once I'm on the other side of the tunnel.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Neosodon

Welcome! One more expert to help correct my criminally bad terminology. :D

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Libraraptor

Hello Sophie,  welcome to the Forum!  This is a Great place with many great People!

Bowhead Whale

Welcome to the forum! I have two Bachelors Degrees as well from the University. Only, mine are in Fine Arts and in Education...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.