You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repainted Papo Feathered Velociraptor by Gex P Droche

Started by IrritatorRaji, October 14, 2018, 01:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

I commissioned Gex P Droche to custom paint Papo's Feathered Velociraptor and, because I have a minor obsession with them, I asked him to make the raptor resemble the Pallas's sandgrouse i mean hey the colours would actually work no?

I don't see this raptor repainted much, so I imagine you guys wouldn't mind seeing it repainted as well :)

Still a WIP. Will post updates as they come. Completed!

Gex is honestly an awesome artist, his model repaints are stunning, you can view his repaints on his Facebook or his Instagram

Syndicate Bias

Ah that man, I've seen his works on fb and Instagram he does some amazing stuff. My personal favourite is the Ceratosaurus with the 2018 Acrocanthosaurus paint scheme

IrritatorRaji

S @Syndicate Bias

A friend of mine actually commissioned him to do one of those Ceratosaurs for him, that's how I found out that Gex was open for commissions, I was thrilled beyond belief!

IrritatorRaji

IrritatorRaji

Finished! Gex sent me these pics to ask if everything was okay. He'll post proper pics tomorrow :)

JohannesB

IrritatorRaji

IrritatorRaji

Better pics of the finished Velociraptor from Gex :D Can't wait til its delivered to me!

Rain

It looks great, really makes you realize the stock paintjob doesn't do the figure justice.

IrritatorRaji

Agreed, the original paint job is nice but it doesn't suit this figure! It's especially bad when you consider how the quality of paint application on Papo models gets worse as time goes by. On the first image in this thread, if you take a look at the Velociraptors feet, you can see that it's painted one solid colour, terrible when you compare it to how it looked 2 years ago

IrritatorRaji

Look who arrived this afternoon! Was better than I expected, I love it!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.