News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vintage Dino Dio's & Nature Photography

Started by Archinto, January 13, 2016, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

With all the new dinosaurs out there there seems to be a lost appreciation for the art that went into styling vintage dinosaurs. While inaccurate in design, they lack no character! Here's my take on the diorama scene. I'll start with a momma and young ankylosaurus foraging in the forest.

Ankylosaurs in Nature by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

Heres some more Nature Photography with some of my Millers, and a couple with my Thunder Beasts Dilophosaurus.

On the Hunt by Archinto, on Flickr

The Trap by Archinto, on Flickr

Moonlit River by Archinto, on Flickr

Jurassic Hunter by Archinto, on Flickr
Jurassic Hunter by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

Diatryma by John P Fischner of Texas, out in the wild

Diatryma by Archinto, on Flickr

And don't for get to eat your Tasty Veggies!

Tasty Veggies by Archinto, on Flickr

Libraraptor

I love both your approach and your pictures!

Derek.McManus

Nice pictures....I do enjoy seeing retro creatures makes me very nostalgic!

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

Nice to see that no one forgot these guys. ^-^
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Derek.McManus

I am liking your retro dinosaur photos especially the eat your veggies one very funny!

Archinto

Its been a while since my last post, but I had a curious little Euparkeria to photograph today :)

Euparkeria on the prowl by Archinto, on Flickr

Brrrr! by Archinto, on Flickr

Precarious! by Archinto, on Flickr

Rope rat by Archinto, on Flickr

stinky barnacles! by Archinto, on Flickr

Not one step further by Archinto, on Flickr

Euparkeria on the prowl by Archinto, on Flickr

PlesiosaurusNessy

A wonderful idea,this special thread and fantastic very unusual photos today! Your little Eupatkeria is a cute little dino and in
general I like very much the vintage dinosaurs!
Photo 1 and 4 are my favorites, this piece of wood with the hole is very cool and a very special view of Euparkeria!
I am a fan of your vintage dinosaurs and read your whole thread!
And, you in Alaska, has a really unbelievable fantastic nature there, the photo further above with the Diatryma is absolut
outstanding...greetings to Alaska from Germany, I like your photos very much!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

ceratopsian

I especially like Euparkeria looking curiously through the hole; also him prowling in the snow with that interesting piece of dead wood in the background.

Archinto

Thank you for the kind remarks! I plan on trying to shoot more photos for this thread, and not ignore it so much. Even though it's the middle of winter frozen and snowy, there is still green vegetation in the woods in my backyard like in the diatryma photo. I have a ton of interesting old figures to play with here. The Euparkeria photos were taken at the local shipyard. I was taking a break from my boat work.

Stay tuned for more photos soon!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.