You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which Brachiosaurus (Giraffatitan) figure is better?

Started by Joey, November 05, 2017, 03:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

I'm having a pretty hard time deciding which figure is better -
The Invicta Brachiosaurus or the 2007 Carnegie Brachiosaurus green repaint?
I really want some pros and cons of each figure and really, an experts opinion of the figures.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 05, 2017, 03:18:42 AM
I really want some pros and cons of each figure and really, an experts opinion of the figures.

When you say green repaint you mean this one?

Joey

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 05, 2017, 10:18:38 AM
Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on November 05, 2017, 03:18:42 AM

When you say green repaint you mean this one?
Yes, I should of probably just said the 2007 version not 'repaint'.

Lanthanotus

Well, both are outdated but you sure are aware of that. If only to add one of these to my collection I'd personally go for the Invicta, just because I find it more elegant/majestic and not as goofy/funny looking in the face. The Invicta though has cheeks which makes it mouth look rather small. Also on the plus side for me is the monochrome production which adds a lot to its retro charme. 

If you just wanna go for the retro look but nevertheless a quite decent model which was up to date when produced then both are a good choice, however I'd rather recommend the Schleich Replica Brachiosaurus or the even bigger Tamiya Brachiosaurus if you like the model a bit more lifelike.

sauroid

if you don't mind a JP-esque but very well detailed Brachiosaurus then get the Papo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Joey

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 05, 2017, 07:10:05 PM
Well, both are outdated but you sure are aware of that. If only to add one of these to my collection I'd personally go for the Invicta, just because I find it more elegant/majestic and not as goofy/funny looking in the face. The Invicta though has cheeks which makes it mouth look rather small. Also on the plus side for me is the monochrome production which adds a lot to its retro charme. 

If you just wanna go for the retro look but nevertheless a quite decent model which was up to date when produced then both are a good choice, however I'd rather recommend the Schleich Replica Brachiosaurus or the even bigger Tamiya Brachiosaurus if you like the model a bit more lifelike.
Invicta it is then. Thank you Lanthanotus!

Gwangi

The Invicta is a classic that has stood the test of time. One my my all time favorite figures. Love the Carnegie too, and I have it, but it shows its age.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.