You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

It is to ask if this is a fastasma store

Started by Shonisaurus, October 27, 2017, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Hello members of the forum.

It is to tell you that on 17/10/2017 I bought a palorchestes playvisions in the following store whose link and location I command

https://www.any-locker.top/animals-dinosaurs-c-25_26_35/

Link of the sale of the figure:

https://www.any-locker.top/playvisions-play-visions-habitat-earth-palorchestes-prehistoric-mammal-p-3528.html

The fact is that I bought that figure in that store and I have not received it yet. It is to ask some forum member if it is a pirate or ghost shop and if I have been a victim of a scam.

Reptilia

I don't know about this store but if you payed with Paypal I suggest you to ask money back, they usually refund you when you don't receive your goods.

Shonisaurus

I did not pay for Paypal I paid by debit card so I can not complain. Good thing it's little money. I tried to contact the store and I sent several messages asking them when they will send it to me but unfortunately they have not answered me.

What saddens me most is that for me "supposedly" meant a golden opportunity to get that piece of toy-collecting so prized plus being a prehistoric mammal that is very rare to find in the toy prehistoric animals market.  :(

Reptilia

Sorry to hear that, let's hope it's just a delay due to the postal service.

Shonisaurus

Thank you Reptilia, we never have to give up hope.

Fenestra

If the shop is in the USA and they send the figure to Europe the cheapest way possible,
it sometimes can take up to 2 months to arrive.
And if it gets hold up in customs, even longer....
It's annoying they won't respond to your messages though.
I hope you will get your figure.

UK

Without worrying you more, I tried to buy 13 Palorchestes figures and it happily accepted and tried to charge 311 dollars. Is it credible that  they have that many in stock? In addition when I changed country to Uk and selected just one Palorchestes, the postal charges remained at zero. No way would they ship to UK for free, $22 more like!

The stock photo also reminded me of a recent eBay sale too. I searched for it, its below. I'm sorry to say it looks like you've been had. The site has no phone contact details or address etc (suspicious). You might want to contact your bank to stop the debit card from receiving further charges.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Playvisions-Play-Visions-Habitat-Earth-Palorchestes-Prehistoric-Mammal/162659790525?hash=item25df476ebd:g:ugoAAOSwEFZZgmFk

Steve

Shonisaurus

TThanks for the information you have given me both UK and Fenestra respectively is suspect that they do not give a mail tracking number. Fortunately I have the debit card secured from the financial point of view.

The said gives me the sincere impression that it can be a company a little strange and I stay here. I have already noticed that the figure of vendors that sell is identical to the one they auctioned on eBay long ago. Good thing it's not a lot of money. What is surprising that they sell in that store only the palorchestes and no other prehistoric mammal figure of Playvisions. It gives me to think although I still can not make any judgment of the company.

On the other hand by what Fenestra comments it seems that it is a company whose shipments take a long time to arrive I want to stay with the hope that perhaps one day I will get the figure. But on the other hand of course they do not do any "business with me" because that figure does not exceed 30 dollars and that figure converted into euros is much lower. I want to think positive and believe that it is not a scam or a pirate company if Fenestra knows it and has given data that guarantee that it is right. Shipping can take a long time, even two months.

I sincerely opened this forum more than the store that I found strange in relation to its operation because I was interested in receiving the palorchestes of Playvisions that for me is a mythical figure in collecting since now my expectations are centered on getting prehistoric amphibian animals and prehistoric mammals of PlayVisions and in the discontinued dinosaurs of Battat which unfortunately is something very difficult but impossible to get them due to their exorbitant prices, high demand of collectors by eBay or Amazon, its extreme rarity (they have not been marketed for many years) and the most important if you want to buy is not possible since the European Union imposes tariffs for those products whose value is equal to or above 150 euros tax included and you "worth more the collar than the dog" as a saying

Fenestra

I strongly suggest you take your time and look into opening a PayPal account if you want to buy figures from other countries.
At least that way you can get your money back, (most of the time), when the shop turns out to be a scam.
I'm from Europe myself and had some bad experiences with overseas sellers.
I always got my money back when I filed a complaint with PayPal.
Good luck Shonisaurus.

Digibasherx

I think a good practice is to use either a credit card or use paypal for these online purchases.  At lease you have made changes to secure your debit card, I would go as far as requesting to change your PIN or request a new card depending on the information you provided.

Also, looking at items on this store makes me wonder why their prices are all over the place, and they have photos of private sales items and brand new items, and their "about-us" page sounds like it was pulled from another site, such as Missguided.

A quick google search for the string on that page leads the following results:

https://www.google.ca/search?dcr=0&source=hp&ei=pJf0WdOqJ4qYjwTP1K7YDw&q=%22Our+mission+is+to+empower+females+globally+to+be+confident+in+themselves+and+be+who+they+want+to+be.%22&oq=%22Our+mission+is+to+empower+females+globally+to+be+confident+in+themselves+and+be+who+they+want+to+be.%22&gs_l=psy-ab.3...837.1484.0.2281.3.3.0.0.0.0.56.56.1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.0.0....0.ZVD2Ncqr0G4

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/any-locker.top

So I think you should try to secure any information you gave.

BlueKrono

Looks like UK nailed it. Picture was lifted right out of that auction. They've likely never even had possession of one.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

In fact it is a fastasma store as I feared. If one introduces for example 100000 palorchestes "you sell them" that store. Obviously, that is impossible. Thanks to the members of the forum I realized that this website is a scam.

I had to change my credit card and all my bank details for security reasons. Obviously they do not give anything for free. From now on I will always buy using another payment method as I have been told. Anyway, thanks for the advice and recommendations.

UK

Sorry to hear that you were scammed but at least you are more aware now and less likely to be subject to a larger loss in future.

And thank you for sharing your pain as this reminds forum members of the financial perils that exist out there to the unwary.

Shonisaurus

Thank you for your words of consolation UK at least thanks to my mistake I have alerted those members of the forum who naively rely on alleged online sales pages of poor reliability and that show that if you buy online you have to do it in a serious and trustworthy place.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 08, 2017, 04:16:14 PM
Thank you for your words of consolation UK at least thanks to my mistake I have alerted those members of the forum who naively rely on alleged online sales pages of poor reliability and that show that if you buy online you have to do it in a serious and trustworthy place.

..and the MOST important thing is always using a safe payment way like PAYPAL and a credit card on best known website ONLY..

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.