News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Paraxenisaurus normalensis

Started by suspsy, April 26, 2020, 02:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

austrosaurus

Is this the same animal as the old nomen nudum Saltillomimus?

Logo7

Quote from: austrosaurus on April 29, 2020, 10:22:27 AM

It's from the same formation, but I'm unsure if they're the same animal. I believe Paraxenisaurus is known from less material, but I don't know what specimen number "Saltillomimus" is, so I can't know for sure at the moment.

austrosaurus

Quote from: Logo7 on May 01, 2020, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: austrosaurus on April 29, 2020, 10:22:27 AM

It's from the same formation, but I'm unsure if they're the same animal. I believe Paraxenisaurus is known from less material, but I don't know what specimen number "Saltillomimus" is, so I can't know for sure at the moment.

I think the paper mentions a more derived ornithomimosaur from the same formation, which is likely "Saltillomimus". It's been a decade since it was informally named, and from the looks of things they have enough material to create a nice skeletal mount of it, so it would be nice to see some action on that front soon.

suspsy

Mexican dinosaurs as a whole are criminally overlooked.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

austrosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 02, 2020, 03:55:38 PM

True that. The headless kritosaurin is something that I've been looking forward to getting a resolution on for a while now; if only there was some way to use the rest of the skeleton to find diagnostic features  ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 02, 2020, 03:55:38 PM

Toy dinosaur brands would have to take into account all dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in each nation that are acceptably preserved and equally interesting. I agree that in Mexico there are many prehistoric animals and not only interesting dinosaurs that could be reproduced en masse by a brand of toy dinosaurs or in any case of collecting (resin dinosaurs).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.